Dealing with LTTC and the holidays!

RM- Oh, don't feel bad! I felt exactly the same way about my SIL's pregnancy though they were trying, it was their first month they got pregnant, I had quite a meltdown when I found out and couldn't even bear to hear SIL's name without bursting into tears.. eventually that faded into anger, bitterness and jealousy until just recently. No idea what changed it, but I was finally able to talk to her about her pregnancy and be really happy for her and BIL. It may take a while, but I'm sure you will :hugs: It's not something we can change or help so if you feel like it's a bit much just take a step back and a deep breath.. even if that means sitting out this holiday season.

Lizzy- That is such an amazing quote, and so true.. I think that's partially why people don't understand why you're so upset about it when there's nothing to mourn for..

We're spending 1/2 of Thanksgiving with his family and I'm not sure how that will go, not that they would be mean. The people who know about us TTC for awhile now are very understanding about it, but there will be a lot of people there who like to ask, the "when are you going to have a baby." My family won't be a problem. I can truly be Thankful for them. They don't bring it up and know I will let them know when I'm pregnant. Praying all of you have a great holiday and also that your families will be understanding and supportive.

Oh wow! That quote just sent shivers down my spine. What a perfect way to say it!

I'm so pleased others feel the same!!! I thought I was a grouch. Spending it with my family and i know my brother and his wife have been trying since the spring. She is older than me at 37 so on one hand I hope she does annouce she is pregnant - it will be my mum's first grandchild - but on the other hand I am dreading the jealousy I will feel. Definitely bittersweet and no idea how I will cope. Lucky I love her and my bro dearly, but I know I will breakdown and dont want them to think I am a jealouse crazy cow.

I should have been pregnant two Christmasses ago. Grrrrr.

I love the idea of skipping off to somewhere hot or ski-ing, but saving for IVF so no spare cash (just to add salt into the wounds).

Oh well, have srocked up on yummy wine and plan to get very drunk!! Sounds like I wont be the only LTTCer doing that!!! :rofl:

ps Lizzy - that quote made me cry and I'm at work!! Oops ;) Thank you for sharing.

RM- Oh, don't feel bad! I felt exactly the same way about my SIL's pregnancy though they were trying, it was their first month they got pregnant, I had quite a meltdown when I found out and couldn't even bear to hear SIL's name without bursting into tears.. eventually that faded into anger, bitterness and jealousy until just recently. No idea what changed it, but I was finally able to talk to her about her pregnancy and be really happy for her and BIL. It may take a while, but I'm sure you will :hugs: It's not something we can change or help so if you feel like it's a bit much just take a step back and a deep breath.. even if that means sitting out this holiday season.

Lizzy- That is such an amazing quote, and so true.. I think that's partially why people don't understand why you're so upset about it when there's nothing to mourn for..

Thanks! I'm so glad I am not the only one who feels like this. I know so many people who are pregnant at the moment and most of them don't bother me at all. I think SIL did though as it was a bit more closer to home. I am happy for both her and the BIL too, he is adorable. It's just one of them crappy feelings that eat you up inside that you can't help but feel! I'm sure it will pass in time and it will get easier.

Show of hands :hi:, who's tipping back extra :wine: when AF shows for the holidays? :xmas13:

I'm so horrid for thinking this, but I kinda wished me and my DH were only children :blush:. Goodness, what LTTC does to you. Then again, there would be twice as much pressure to conceive asap. :wacko:

:hi: Oh, I'm having an early holiday session if it's a bfn lol... Probably just sit at home alone while DH is at work with a large bottle of wine, some chocolate chip cookies and a book.

:wohoo: My smug, insensitive, heavily pregnant SIL isn't coming to the in-laws for Christmas! They're staying in AZ. I don't have to deal with wanting to smack her smug face!! :happydance::happydance:

Plus, all I have to deal with is 1 toddler! :yipee: My Christmas just got a heck of a lot merrier!!!

Woohoo! Enjoy your holidays, you deserve it!

:xmas12:

I can handle 1 toddler. Besides, they usually spend a lot of at my SIL's husband's parents anyways.

Oh I hope yours gets better, wonderstars. Hopefully a :bfp: for you! :xmas6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->