Dealing with negativity from a family member

Missy.

Mum to 2 boys, a girl & an angel <3
Reaction score

Last edited:
Tell her exactly what you just wrote: "I really don't need your negativity. This is my last baby and I really want to enjoy this pregnancy". Or just come right out and ask her what her problem is. Maybe that'll shut her up. Sounds like she just needs someone to stand up to her.

It sucks when family can't be happy for you and instead just looks down and expresses it too.

I agree with pp that it may be time to take a more aggressive stance and tell her that her negativity is not welcome or needed. And that if she can't be happy then it would be best if she didn't say anything at all.

Maybe you best option would just ne to ignore her completely. Cut her out of your life she would prob change her tune when u exclude her from all ur updates. Or like previous posters have said, just come out and ask her what her issue is and that you don't appreciate the negativity in such a wonderful time or your life x

Sounds like child reading wasn't her forte, she found it trying and difficult and cannot understand your interest and passion?
We are all different and I guess she just needs to open her mind a bit. It's clearly her problem not yours!

Thank you so much ladies, I feel so much better after reading your replys :hugs:

You're all right, I think I just need to stand up to her and tell her how I feel. It's just hard because I'm not the argumentative type, I just like to keep the peace. If I don't stand up for myself though she'll just make me feel rubbish again and I really don't want that. x

I hope things get better for you hun, nothing worse than having extra things to worry about that realistically are so minor and pathetic on your aunts part but I'm sure it feels like a huge weight your carrying on your shoulders xx

I think the older generation sometimes seem to be more keen for us to do things as they did ie having a set amount of children, leaving x number of years between children and they struggle to get their heads around anything that's different to what they seem to think of as the "norm". Unless she said something directly to me that was rude I really wouldn't stoop to her level, it sounds like you've got the support of the people that matter most xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->