Dealing With Unfriendly Parents At Kids School

People might think I'm not friendly as I don't really know anyone but I do smile and chat if I can tell someone wants to. I just really haven't got enough time for the people I do know never mind those I don't. Plus a lot of the time I'm at work so I don't drop off or pick up anyway

It sounds like you've tried very hard with a bunch of people who aren't worth your energy.

If I were you, I'd not bother trying to be friends with them. It sounds like it's only causing you stress and resentment. Why waste your time trying to get them to like you when it's pretty obvious they are not on board with the programme? Like a PP suggested, if you're looking for friends, it's probably easier to make friends with people who have something more in common with you than just kids of the same age.

Personally, it's not important to me to be friends with the parents of my kids' (future) classmates. My parents weren't friends with the parents of any of my friends growing up, and it never struck me as strange. The extent of their interactions was saying hello and goodbye when they picked us up and dropped us off.

Look for friends who share your interests, and stick to small talk with the school-gate clusterers. They sound as dull as pigshit to me anyway. :haha:

I don't think entire groups of adults would snob someone, surely? Maybe I'm just being optimistic here, but I find that when I have felt that way in the past that it's usually of my own making, i.e my assuming they are all being bitches or snobs when they are just in their own little worlds. I think we tend to worry too much about what we think others are thinking of us, when they are really spending far more time thinking about themselves anyway.

If they really are genuinely ignoring you, it often stems from some sort of insecurity with women, so it seems to me. I would ignore them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->