Dealing with yeast infections on the scar

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
I've had constant yeast infections on my scar. I keep it clean and dry but I'm a large lady with a huge overhang and it gets warm and sweaty constantly.

Is there anything I can take/put on it that will help it?

It doesn't bother me in that it's not itchy, it just smells a bit and it's putting me off :sex: at the moment as I don't want my DH any where near it!

Bump! No-one else have this?

I've put some sudocrem on tonight to see if that helps.

Hey- I was actually coming in to the c-section section to see if anyone else is having this issue! I never even considered that it would be a yeast infection, I just thought it was really resilient heat rash or chaffing :shrug: I have tried powder, and bordeaux's butt paste (our household cure all! lol) and it's not going away. I have Nystatin cream here that was used when my girls got thrush and a vaginal yeast rash- I'll try that and see if it helps! :thumbup: Mine DOES itch :wacko: and is at least motivating me some to try to loose some of this weight so that FX the flap goes away :sick: (It's actually the flap and the weight that puts me off :sex: :blush: It's been a year but I really can't get used to this body :cry: I am really hoping loosing weight will do the trick. What I am afraid of is that the twins stretched me out so bad there will be no helping it besides surgery, which is not an option for me.

Ps- I LOVE your picture :cloud9:

I was prescribed Nystatin cream for mine! You might want to ask your OB and see what she thinks! But mine was smelly, itchy, you know..LOL...and I started using that cream recently!

A tip the Mw gave me after my first c section, which is weird but works

If you have an overhang the best way to keep it dry is to put a panty liner on the scar and your pants will hold it in place. Really works

A tip the Mw gave me after my first c section, which is weird but works

If you have an overhang the best way to keep it dry is to put a panty liner on the scar and your pants will hold it in place. Really works

I did that but with a bit if kitchen roll.

With my last c-section I had trouble with it healing and having the overhand did not help, and apart from the fact it opened up slightly after stitches were removed, it was red and itchy and sweaty in places, I had to get some general wound care advice. I will be having another c-section in December and I will be doing this no matter what.
buy an inadine dressing from a chemist, roll it corner to corner and place it along the scar tuck it into the fold and then secure another dry dressing over it. Inadine draws out infection and promotes quicker healing.... within 2 days my wound had healed over and all the redness and itchiness had gone. Best advice I was given ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->