Debate: Should She Be Named?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007190096,00.html

Why should she not be named? She knew what she was doing!

4 months in prison usually earlier release on good behaviour ... seems like a slap on the wrist to me.

It's awful that this should happen all the time & only a small handful will have the truth come out ... just for helping someone in this case it was for her safety since she was clearly off her tits drunk!!

Grrrr, i hate people like that, she should be named and shamed :grr:

That poor bloke to, she should be made to pay all the expenses he lost through loosing his job!!!

Its people like her that messes up the bloody laws

I think fair enough not to name her, at 17 she is still classed as a minor I think, it sounds like she ligitimatly thought something had happened, but when she realised she was wrong, she didnt really know how to stop it all and couldnt back down and it all got out of hand. Even if she tried something like that again, no one wil believe a word as it wil be on record, but my guess is this will have scared the hell out of her enough and made her realise enough not to ever do anything like that again. Lets just hope she never gets raped for real, or she will never get a conviction.

I do however feel that the guy nvolve should be compensated for his losses, the girl should have got fines as well or something, as it is an insult to him that she has got away with so little punishment.

If she is old enough to go and get pissed to the point where she doesn't know what she is doing then she is old enough to be named!!!

Its going to get to the point soon where people are not going to want to help people as they are scared of being accused of allsorts, it isn't the first time something like this has happened!!

I read somewhere that a guy had an epileptic fits and stopped breathing, so a passer by had stopped an gave him CPR and chest presses to bring him back to life which he did- when he got to the hospital he was told he had a broken rib (which the hospital said was because of all the chest presses that the passer by did to save his life)

The guy only took him to court!!! - Sorry nothing to do with this but that is how pathetic its getting.

Her & her mates were happily sticking their fingers up at the cameras - She had no sorrow or shame for her actions.

Thing is what good does it do to name her? All it does is make her a prime target to a real rapist who may think they could get away with it, as she would never be able to make claims stick.

I think she should be named, I read this yesterday and was fuming
The Cabbie was named and his life has been ruined for something he didn't do!!!
She is nothing but a liar and i think she should be named so evryone knows what a horrible person she is.

This guy is never going to get over this and we all know there is a stigma attached even when some one has been found innocent., she is just able to get on with her life, he isn't

Deffo agree with the name and shame ...

She's old enough to get pissed up then she should face the consequences of her actions!!

That poor bloke has been named and falsley!! It has not only affected his home life and his career but has had serious implactions on his religion!

Silly little girl!

Thing is just cause he was named I dont think she should I think its discusting how so many people these days accused of crimes get named in the media before they have even been definatly accused and admitted or found guilty. Just look at the whole thing with the murdered prostitutes in Ipswich, some poor guy was accused, they showed pics of where he lived, stuck his pic in the papers, gave details out about his online user names and relationship and employment hstory and everything and in the end it was nothing to do with him and someone else was found guilty. But can you imagine the stuff that guy had gone through!

I dont think we should be told any of these details unless someone has actually been charged with a crime.

I dont think we should be told any of these details unless someone has actually been charged with a crime.

Totally agree with you there

But she has now been charged so i think she should be named in this case

Too many of these kind of cases happen where the blokes( when innocent) life is ruined and the accuser( when found to be lying) is basically let off with no repercusions

But then again at the other end of the scale, only something like 10% of rape cases results in a conviction, and not to mention the huge number of cases that dont even get reported cause women dont want to face having to go through the court process as the conviction rte is so low.

Its discusting either way, either inocent men get accused and have their lives ruined or real rapists get off scot free, the system sucks for everyone!

I know it does suck big style, can't win with our legal system can you?

I agree with Cat-rapist do get off a lot of the time.

A member of my immediate family was a victim of rape, and even took the guy to court, he got off due to a technicality but went on to rape 3 other women, needless to say he is behind bars! Got 10 years me thinks

Anyhoo I'm not sure on this one.

When it comes to ASBO's tho, I think everyone should know who has got one!:blush:

someone i know was raped and he bloke was caught and charged , he was released on bail and done a runner , he was caught about 2 months later and then they released him AGAIN on bail.

He went to court and got found guilty and the judge branded him one of the most vile men he had ever met , not sure how long he was sentenced but he got out about a month later on appeal because apparantly the judge was deemed to be biased against him and the judge acidentally let slip to the jury about a previous crime he had commited as he had been in court on other charges plenty of times before.

He was immediatly released from prison and got compensation.

The person that was raped got absolutly nothing , but the judge did write her a letter apoligising for what happended.

Lol this was what happened to us-the defence lawyer said that the judge was biased too! so he got off! But to the detriment of 3 other women he eventually got put away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->