Debbie Purdy - Assisted suicide trial

mrsholmes

Reaction score
Has any one seen this in the news today? The court hasnt gone with her so her husband may face up to 14 years in jail if he goes to Sweden with her. Its so sad....:cry:

I really feel for her. She's said that she's still going to go, but without his help she'll just have to go earlier...

I know she would have to go now as she is still independant they are taking years off her life. There was a similar case a while back and the lady choked to death

I heard this on the Radio today.
I think its good that certain countries still alow this to be done, If I was suffering so much or if I become paralised or anything I wouldn't want to be alive and would certainly 'travel to die'
I think its awfull that her husband can't go with her :( I mean whats he guna do wrong?! Nothing, If anyone should face anything then surely it would be the people performing it!!
I really feel for her and hubby
Xx

i think that it's awful for her and her husband,she is going to have to end her life earlier than what she or her husband would like so that she can protect her husband it's so wrong animals are allowed to die with dignity but not human beings.Longroadahead nobody peforms it so to speak as far as i'm a where the people are given a liquid to drink so that no one is actually going to be ending things for them other than the patient.

I agree with everyone, why would he be assisting? He would just be going to offer his wife support and supposedly to say goodbye. It is wrong. I agree that animals can die with dignity but not humans. :(

i read that of the 100+ people who have gone abroad to die, none of their families have been prosecuted, so i think although the law is there, i think it must be very hard to prosecute and get evidence. I think people should have the right to die, but its such a delicate subject that could easily get out of hand.

i think that it's awful for her and her husband,she is going to have to end her life earlier than what she or her husband would like so that she can protect her husband it's so wrong animals are allowed to die with dignity but not human beings.Longroadahead nobody peforms it so to speak as far as i'm a where the people are given a liquid to drink so that no one is actually going to be ending things for them other than the patient.

Well sorry Im not an expert! I was just meaning her husband shoulnt be blamed or prosocuted as all he would be doing it wanting to be with his wife

Well sorry Im not an expert! I was just meaning her husband shoulnt be blamed or prosocuted as all he would be doing it wanting to be with his wife

i wasn't being funny with you i was just letting you know how it's done because i always thourght the same as you before that somebody did it to them.sorry if you thorght i was being rude

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->