Debt Help

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
Afternoon ladies. :flower:

I was just wondering if anyone here has experience in paying off debt or what their plan was? Just wanted to see about talking to someone and making a plan of action.

Thank you! :hugs:

ring the national debt helpline hun :)
its free & they are very helpful.

they work out you in comings & outgoings & go from there. xx

ring the national debt helpline hun :)
its free & they are very helpful.

they work out you in comings & outgoings & go from there. xx

Thanks hon. Do you know if that's available in the US? :flow:

sorry hun, i didnt realise u were from US.. there must be something like it available to you, have you looked on the internet? xx

sorry hun, i didnt realise u were from US.. there must be something like it available to you, have you looked on the internet? xx

That's okay! I've been looking but haven't found much. Just wondering if anyone worked in the field as a financial advisor or has gotten out of debt!

That's okay! I've been looking but haven't found much. Just wondering if anyone worked in the field as a financial advisor or has gotten out of debt!

Congratulations!!!

I have got out of debt but I'm based in the UK. Would a financial adviser be able to point you in the right direction?

We normally pay off any debt we have when we receive our tax money at the beginning of the year. :lol: Other than that, you can apply for a loan and consolidate your debt? :shrug:

Not looking for any loans, haha. Wouldn't get approved!

Do you have multiple creditors? Are you making payments to them at the moment?

If you are in over your head with it then write down a budget and what you can realistically afford to pay out and ring each debt to offer them a set payment of whatever you can afford.

I know in the UK you can just write to the company offering token payments of £1 a month, with interest put on hold- as long as you send a copy of your ingoings/outgoings with evidence that is all you can afford (and they have to accept it!)

you could look on money saving expert,its uk based but there is a calculator where you can put in all your outgoings and it will tell you how much you can afford to repay each month,google
'mse debt free wannabe'

is the debt on credit cards? is it possible to do a balance transfer with 0% interest for x amount of months?

also if some debt is medical i would leave that until the end,im not in the USA but I do have family and friends there who have mentioned as long as you pay something towards the medical debt they will not send collections over.You would have to check
thats true tho.

ETA you can ignore the £ on the debt calculator,if you put numbers in and pretend its $ the amount at the end will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->