Debt Payers and Savers Support group

Was just wondering if anyone was still saving?
We have had a broken washing machine, needed new floorboards, insurance excess to pay, birthdays galore and we got a new boiler so I don't think iv ever been so skint in my life!!
Stated selling all of lucas old clothes and got about £150!! I had to spend some but have saved away £120 and everytime I get a few £ s here and there I put it in.

Have £20 of tesco points which will go towards xmas and so far have saved £185 with park savings although that will nowhere near cover everything.i just can't make my money stretch like I used too.

Yes I'm still saving. I've reached my target for holiday spends xx

Hiya :wave:

Yeah, I'm still here although we've not managed to make any inroads into a savings target of any kind, and we have a debt to pay off....again....as we had a lot of things come up and now have a big chunk of the student loan going out to pay that off.

However, life is pretty good otherwise. Hubby graduated, got onto a PGCE in York and is currently at the local primary school doing his obs days (he's there until next friday). He then goes up to York to stay with friends who have offered him digs for cheap and another friend is lending us their car for 9 months - all we do is pay the insurance and re-tax it in Feb when it is due! - so he has transport. He got a few shifts at his old job so has been earning a bit here and there to pay for his hobbies so the money situation isn't all that bad, and unlike normal I'm not counting the days to each payday. It also sounds awful but hubby eats a lot, so him living out on his own money for 4/5 days a week will cut our household food bills in half! lol :blush: In a strange way I'm look forward to it as once he's finished (in June) we'll be moving and for the first time in 5 years he'll (hopefully) be on a regular wage and we'll be in a house that's big enough for us all!

Shopping list currently consists of - New lawnmower as mine broke yesterday, new bed for Edward as Charlie is rapidly outgrowing the cot he's in and I need Edward's cot-bed! lol Oh and some storage! I need at least 3 sets of drawers and some toy storage.

Christmas and Birthday lists all sorted for this year too so trying to gather them up as a when I have the money but that's stalled until we are sorted out this month. Hopefully in a fortnight we'll be set up for the next 9 months!

I other news Earl started school 2 weeks ago...he's loving it! :thumbup:

Aimee-lou you need to start a diary I love hearing about your busy life!!

Aimee-lou you need to start a diary I love hearing about your busy life!!

I don't have time to do a diary.... I'm too busy! :p lol

Its tedium at its finest but i love my life :-D

I'm still here, managed to log on - just!

I have managed to save about £50 with the save the change thing on my bank account. I'm thinking Disney land was way to over ambitious, even Paris! Ah well. I'm still saving and ignoring the bank account so one day I can look in and go, oh wow! It feels nice to know I have something stashed away.

I'm managing to cover some debts now although I have one that came through the door that I need to sort out. It's been hard since my wage has been all over due to overtime, great but not so when it needs to be declared to tax credit people. So i'm having to do that first before committing to pay people as I know I'll be struggling to cover the mortgage if that goes down. OH had a drop in wage with a new job so I am hoping that just evens it out a bit!

As well as the savings I managed to wipe out some of the debt I wanted to clear so that has reduced as well. Slow and steady!

So plodding along, getting by and saving a tiny bit. Bonus!

Savings total = £50
Debt was 161.89 = now 100.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->