Debt Payers and Savers Support group

I have £870 of my £1000 target saved, hopefully i can add the rest to it on friday and thats my first target reached. Its a shame i have to spend it, ive enjoyed saving it lol

I have £870 of my £1000 target saved, hopefully i can add the rest to it on friday and thats my first target reached. Its a shame i have to spend it, ive enjoyed saving it lol

Woohoo! Well done!

I know what you mean, I'll be gutted to hand over the cash after it's taken so long to save it up for various things.

I have a list a mile long of things I need/want to buy though so I suppose it's all about checking off that list too.

Ive got £1500 now which will cover all my spending money and the rest of the accommodation as I still have £400 to pay for that. I have 2 passports, clothes for me and some airport and taxi fares to/from airport. Oh and a suitcase. I think £300 should cover that so anything over that I manage to save will sit in my account for whatever.

Well done!!!! :happydance:

Ive got £1500 now which will cover all my spending money and the rest of the accommodation as I still have £400 to pay for that. I have 2 passports, clothes for me and some airport and taxi fares to/from airport. Oh and a suitcase. I think £300 should cover that so anything over that I manage to save will sit in my account for whatever.

Great stuff! :happydance:

I did overtime last week so out of this weeks wages I managed to save £80 towards my holiday and £40 in to my 'normal' savings' :happydance:

My holiday total is now at £450 :thumbup:

Well done everyone. :thumbup::thumbup:

I've managed to up my total to £96 (will update sig in a minute)- so close to that magic £100! :dohh: I will get there!

^^^ Slow and steady wins the race :haha:

Totally how I'm trying to keep myself going. My target of £850 seems a bit far away at the moment but I know I'll get a boost in April when hubby gets his SLC so that will help.

Had to borrow £40 back out of it to pay for a train ticket to visit my friend in May. Xx

Total is now £480

I would like to further my savings by an extra £4500 by 31.12.14 (sooner if possible ;)) I also need to save up for a holiday in May (£600ish) and would also like to go away in September...wish me luck :haha: I don't have any debt.

So iv been good or bad whichever way you look at it. I found out tesco do a 4.6% loan so we have ended up taking out a £7500 loan.
We will pay off sofa,my dad,overdrafts,credit card and get a new boiler hopefully reducing our gas/elec bill. That costs us £140pm so really the loan will cost us about £80 more a month than before but we will still have alot of the loan left to get other things we were really needing done.
our mortgage will be going down by about £140pm in june so im telling myself I wont really notice it as my outgoings will still be the same kinda?

Anyway im happy with my decision but just hope iv not been stupid

Done absolutely nothing towards saving or debt repayments :'(

Still in the hell hole of a flat draining us £70 a week on electric... Housing association no longer willing to help financially even though it's down to them because it's all caused by the dodgy system they installed. Luckily it's been nice weather so haven't had to have heating on as much :)

Been offered a move to a 2 bed house which should be next month fingers crossed, were gonna stay with my mum and dad until we've moved in so we can save some money that the electrics would of drained otherwise

Can't wait for a fresh start :D

Cars completely knackered mots due, insurance and tax all this month great!!!!

On a lighter note tom starts his new job on the 1st can't wait :D xx

Okay I do have a debt that I want to clear and that is 161.89. At the moment I am saving, its only been a few pounds so I have split that between the disney pot and the debt pot. Really need to get my figures sorted out!

I have sold a few bits on ebay and I have set up my bank account to do that small change thing where it moves pence over to a savings account.

Savings total = 80p
Debt 161.89 - 80p = 161.09

Hi all, Sorry I've not been on much. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster this past month or so.

Money entirely ran out. We were all set for me to sign on and join the masses trying to find work and we got a letter saying we were entitled to some more from the housing office. I've been continuing with my work hunt but never signed on as it was more hassle than it was worth. I have an interview tomorrow but having done the figures I think it's going to end up costing me approximately £60 a week for me to go to work what with childcare so hubby can still study, and with the loss of the entitlements with housing etc. I am so mixed up about it as I feel like I should work but if it's going to make things worse what's the point? Guilty isn't the word!

In other news hubby got some extra through his Uni and it's enough to see us through the summer which is awesome. We're excited about our holidays and while my savings pot had to be completely emptied due to us completely running out of funds, we're still happy and hopeful. I still have about £12 in coppers on top of my cupboard but that's about it at the moment. May have to amend my target lol.

Aw Aimee Lou. Shame about the set back but glad you r still hopeful!!

I added £40 today so my total is now £570. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->