December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

So my water broke on Dec 5 and I was not in labor, started on Pitocin, at 6cm got an epidural, 4 hrs later still at 6 and epidural wore off, I kept telling the nurse something felt funny and she said she couldn't figure it out because I had no change, new nurse in at 7am (Dec 6) she called anesthesia to come get it going again and while waiting for him decided that my "funny" feeling down there was a full bladder from not being straight cathed since I recieved epidural, emptied my bladder, never got more pain med's, went from 6cm to 10cm within seconds... Baby was crowning before OB was found, told not to push, finally when OB got to room and got bed apart babies head was already coming out, 2 & 1/2 pushes later my baby girl was born at 7:59 am, weighing 5lbs 12oz, 18in long... She was sick for the first 24hrs throwing up due to the quick delivery and swallowing amniotic fluid but is now doing wonderfully and breast feeding like a champ:baby:
Aleah Alexandria

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5
Congrats, beautiful name!

My midwive told me that my baby could be around 3kg300gr, and at the birth he may grow to 3kg800g. I told her that's gonna be a big baby, she says no, over 4kg is big.....
I am 37 weeks now so I qualify to birth in the birth center. Happy and excited!

Who else is still pregnant?

hi girls, sorry I've not been on. They induced me last Wednesday due to reduced movement.

I was given one propess and then 24 hours later a prostin. At 22.10 on Thursday they took me to delivery for an ARM.
Within 10 minutes contractions had started, after an hour I needed gas and air. I leant on DH and spent some time in a lavendar and chamomile bath. Then after 2.5 hours the contractions were very close together and painful and I decided I wanted an epidural if it was going to take a long time. The midwife suggested seeing how I was getting on (pitocin due to be put in at 2.10am).

I was 7cm and spent a few minutes talking with mw who said she thought I could do it without an epidural. All of a sudden I started getting pressure in my bottom, she told me to go with whatever I was feeling and do what my body was telling me.

3 pushes later DD was born weighing 7lb12 with just gas and air. One tiny tear but no stitches.

Her name is Esme :) will put a pic on tomorrow xx

Congratulations!!! Can't believe all the babies are coming now!

Am still pregnant oooh. My EDD is on 17th Dec, 2014. I can't wait to meet this baby. Hmmmmmmmm.

Am still pregnant oooh. My EDD is on 17th Dec, 2014. I can't wait to meet this baby. Hmmmmmmmm.

Hi all very quiet in here! Anyone else had their baby?

How bizarre I was just reading this thread back just this very second and thinking the same thing! More bizarre considering its 3 am!

The joys of night feeds!!

How are you ziggie?

Pregnant still lol! Woke up thinking about my dates and remembered my scan date was 6 days out from my lmp date so wondering if that's why no baby :D

Feel like I've had an epiphany and can go back to sleep now :D

Hope you're doing well!!

myduedateishere,butnobabytoo
sorry
my
spacekeydoesn'twork
Iamveryhappytohave2015baby!

I haven't been on here in ages, but thought I'd update and announce my beautiful baby girl!

Lydia was born December 29, 2014 via c-section. She came out at 9 lbs 4 oz :)

We're starting to adjust though I'm still in a no-sleep/recovery/deliriously-in-love fog. We had some issues in the hospital with glucose levels and jaundice, but she seems to be doing great now! Except for breastfeeding. For the life of us we just can't seem to get the hang of it. I am going to see a lactation consultant on Monday, but for now I just have to pump and feed with a bottle. Makes feeding time twice as long! But it's worth it.

It's insane how much I love this tiny person so much already!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member