**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Thanks everyone! Midwives notoriously forget about the whooping cough vaccine so it's worth asking about it! I'd just do it at 28 weeks then - I'm just doing it early as my doctor told me it was a good idea. It seems like it's only me doing it this early!

I had my 24-week appointment this week and my doctor didn't mention the whooping couch vaccine either. I'll have to ask about it next time. Though they did give me the drink for next month's GD test. I'm supposed to take 30 minutes before my appointment. Not looking forward to it!

I got these awful shooting crotch pains last night in the middle of the night. They lasted about an hour until I walked up and down the stairs, then they finally subsided. They came back intermittently this morning but nothing now. Anyone else with "lightning crotch"? It was so uncomfy and worried me at first until I figured out how to get them to subside.

I got these awful shooting crotch pains last night in the middle of the night. They lasted about an hour until I walked up and down the stairs, then they finally subsided. They came back intermittently this morning but nothing now. Anyone else with "lightning crotch"? It was so uncomfy and worried me at first until I figured out how to get them to subside.

Ug. Yes. I hate lighting crotch. Every pregnancy. Nothing seems to help mine,I just have to wait for them to subside on their own.

As an update, the doctor confirmed it was a cold and that I needed lots of rest. She said she didn't want to give me an antibiotic unless the swab of my throat came back with something. She said it would take 3-5 days. So until then, I just continue to suffer. Lovely.

We had chili for dinner last night. I told my husband it was like eating a bowl of lava.

Yeah I've had lightning crotch, or something similar, a few times. I've basically had so many weird aches, pains and sensations that it's rare I don't feel *something*.

Hope you feel better soon, Gen... and enjoyed the lava!

Anyone want to post some bump pics? Especially if you feel your bump is really big, so that I can feel better about my oversized bump.

Here's mine from last Sunday Jezika when I was exactly 25 weeks

(Oops need to turn pic on side)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7
Please can I have some reassurance that being induced isn't going to be that bad?
With DS he was 6 days late but I had a fairly easy water birth with no interfering. I laboured at home, walking laps of my kitchen and lots of time in the bath.

This time I have been told they don't want me to go over my date. I'm shit scared of being in labour, but not far on enough to be in the labour suites. So does that mean I am limited to the bed bay, no bath, no where to walk?

I can't be doing with worrying about this for 18 weeks.

I was induced TommyG! I have nothing to compare it to but it wasn't any worse than I expected. I did end up having an epidural but that's mainly because I had been in/out of early labour for a few days and was already exhausted, so I just didn't have the energy to cope well with the pain. I was up and out of bed within an hour or two of giving birth, having a shower, and recovered quickly.

Oh - I was stuck in the room, attached to the monitor but it wasn't all bad. I would have an epidural again if needed too as it worked well for me and didn't have any long lasting effects.

Had a scare this morning. Thought I was laboring as my pain was so bad, so I went to the hospital here in Oregon (I got here last night with DD to see my rents for a little over a week) and while waiting for the doctor after they hooked me up to monitors and all that, the pain stopped, I went pee and passed a kidney stone. I'm so glad that's all it was...so scary and the pain was awful, worse than labor.

My goodness, Bubbles. How scary! Glad all was okay though. I can't even imagine. So is that what the pain must've been last week too?

Jezika I think for sure it was causing last weeks pain too. It's virtually all gone now just a little sore from passing the stone. I am so incredibly relieved!

Bubbles I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad you know why you were feeling bad and are now on the mend! I would have been worried about preterm labor too with that kid of pain!

Bubbles, I'm so glad everything is ok! A traumatic experience but at least you can now recover and baby is ok! Sounds excruciating.

Bubbles you poor thing, hope the pain goes soon.
I've had a kidney infection not sure if it involved a kidney stone or not but it was the second most painful thing I have experienced with the most painful being a burst appendix. I'm lucky I had a fairly easy birth with DS.
Appendix pain was all over my abdomen where kidney infection was more limited to half my abdomen.

Bubbles that must of been pretty scary, so glad you are OK now :hugs:

I was having stomach pains with dd2 and at my 20 week scan with her it was pretty painful, they thought I had a twisted bowel at first but ruled that out and suppected appendicitis, they couldn't scan me due to risk of ct scan so I had to go straight to operation, I was petrified for my baby not myself. It did turn out it was my appendix and obviously dd2 was fine but it didn't end there, my appendix had gone into my bowel so they sent it off for biopsy, I find out after I've had dd2 that mucus was found which can form into a rare cancer called psedomyxoma peritonei, at my first scan they thought I already had it and was planning a big operation and chemo but it wasn't the case I've had 2 clear scans since so now I'm in the watch and wait. I will need to have 10 years of clear scans until I'm in the clear but I'm just grateful that I've got to get pregnant for our 3rd and final which I didn't think would be possible.

Wow, Jessicasmum, that also sounds really scary. Did the appendicitis somehow cause the mucus in the bowel or was it just coincidence? I'm guessing with regular scans if they do find anything they can sort it out pretty easily?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->