**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Jessicasmum-I am having a repeat section this time around. First time baby got stuck after laboring for almost 24 hours. I also came down with severe PPD/anxiety afterwards as I was quite traumatized by the whole thing plus DD had a NICU stay after birth due to seizures (probably from my laboring and her getting her head pushed up against my pelvis). I was told what happened to me could very likely happen again as it was probably due to my pelvis shape (also I am quite short). Do you have any gut feelings one way or the other? I know this isn't an easy decision!

Hi ladies, don't know if you remember me-- was part of this group at the beginning before I miscarried my little bean. Just wanted to check in and tell you I'm 9 weeks pregnant now and just found the baby's heartbeat on my Doppler :) so happy things are going well for all of you <3

Hi ladies, don't know if you remember me-- was part of this group at the beginning before I miscarried my little bean. Just wanted to check in and tell you I'm 9 weeks pregnant now and just found the baby's heartbeat on my Doppler :) so happy things are going well for all of you <3

Congratulations! That's great news! It's so lovely when people come back with good news! Hope all goes well with the pregnancy!

Laura: Are they booking a c-section in for you incase you go over? If I did decide I was going with the vbac I wondered if they would book in a c-section for past my due date, I don't know their views for my case of being induced but I know I would refuse anyway, I really need to bring this up at my next consultant appointment at the end of September.
Are you high risk due to previous preclampsia or for other reasons? I'm classed as high risk and under consultant due to my weight, mental health and obviously because of previously having c-section.
I hope you get your vbac :)

Sapphire: As Laura said, seems the better option for you having c-section having twins, I think would be too stressful situation having one baby vaginal then the other c-section.
Yes it was the worst time in mine and my husbands life after having my first child when it was suppose to be the best, I felt robbed of being a first time mother and the bond didn't come due to my health and hubby and my mum taking over baby duties. I can tell my husband is scared me going through the option of another vaginal birth, the look on his face when I bring the topic up but I have to look at the risks of the another c-section and they do scare me also, my consultant is keen for me to have a vbac because I've had previous stomach operations as well as the c-section (gallbladder and appendix) which they think I'm more at risk having repeat operations.

Bubbles: Gosh that must of been awful, no wonder you suffered with ppd :hugs: Is your daughter well now? I mean the seizures/labour didn't cause lasting damage?
My gut feeling was another c-section even before I got pregnant but after my consultant appointment last month this has put everything more in a spin and then getting told by hubby that dd2 nearly didn't start breathing after c-section (I was under general anaesthetic and wasn't informed at time and hubby thought I knew). I think I'm leaning more towards vbac but you hear scare stories on both sides and makes the decision not easy.

Awww congratulations, here's to a happy healthy pregnancy :)

Congratulations Livvy I'm so happy for you! Thanks for coming back to update :)

I had a vaginal birth with my son so don't have any experience of C sections. However I'd always go with whatever the professionals recommended as the safest option at the time. I am sure you will all make the decision that's right for you, it's such a personal thing :)

Congratulations Livvy!

I had a vaginal with my son as well. C sections slightly terrify me, I'm afraid if it came to needing that they may have to put me out instead of an epi because of anxiety. Really hoping for a drug free vaginal birth this time.

Worried I have another uti :( I definitely have some kind of infection down there I think. My appt is next week and it's hard to get in so I'm just going to wait.

Congrats, Livvy!!! So happy for you! :hugs:

Jessicasmum yes DD is well...no seizures since she was a few days old. We had her on meds and had another test done on her to make sure no seizure activity remained and took her off the meds at a little over a month old. :) It does sound like you have a tough decision but I say go with your gut. Do you think the epidural would take this time around and you wouldn't have to go under anesthesia? If that isn't possible and you want a VBAC then I say go for it since you have that option! :thumbup:

I think you can book a c section right at the last minute. I guess by 34 weeks I'll know how the pregnancy is going and at that stage they may recommend booking one in but otherwise I don't think they will.

I'm high risk because in my last pregnancy I had very high blood pressure at the end which didn't go down until 3 months after the birth. This puts me at a high risk of pre eclampsia this time. I'm terrified this will happen again as if it happens earlier I could well have a premature birth. Blood pressure seems ok for the moment.

On another note, I'm having my whooping cough vaccine on Monday - is everyone else doing this?

Caitrin, I hope you don't have a uti but best to get checked just in case!

I've had high blood pressure with both my older boys. Expecting it this time too. Hoping they will medicate then hold off on inducing until it's the safest possible. I've been lucky mine recovers well after I give birth.

No whooping cough vaccine here, but I had a severe adverse reaction to it as a baby so not allowed.

UTIs are awful :(

I hope the blood pressure issue doesn't pop up for anyone. My Dr says I'm a lot higher risk for pre-eclampsia with the twins but so far so good.

I'll get my whooping cough vaccine in the third trimester and my flu shot as soon and the office gets them in stock. I'm happy to get the vaccines this time. I'm nervous having newborns in the height of flu season. It's only cold here for jan/feb/mar but the babies will be infants just as it starts to cool off!

I haven't been advised to get the WC vaccine yet. I think in my last pregnancy i had it around 28 weeks, so a bit later on.

I think in uk the WC is 3rd tri? I didnt have it with my summer babies but have for winter babies.

Seeing my new midwife today x

Bubbles: Oh that's really good that your daughter is well and no lasting damage :D
I mentioned to the midwife at the booking appointment about the epidural not working and asked would that happen again, she said they would try again but there might be a problem somehow with my spine that prevents it from working. If I did go down the c-section route again this is a concern because the surgeon (well I think he was the surgeon) was getting very annoyed with me when I said I could still feel after the epidural, I was scared because he was going to go ahead and make the incision and he said they'd stop if I felt it.

Laura: They were quite booked up when I was booking my c-section with dd2 where I was so couldn't get the date they wanted so had to have after, they always seem crazy busy where I am so doesn't fill me with confidence if I have to wait until top of time if a c-section is needed.
Will you be getting extra scans? Fx that your blood pressure stays down.
Im getting extra scans I think due to my weight, I have one for 28 weeks, 32, 36 and 40 depending when baby comes. If baby is same as dd2 and is breech also the decision will be taken out of my hands as I refuse them trying to turn baby, so the extra scans are good to see how baby's positioning will be.
About the whooping cough vaccine, I think mine last time was around 28 weeks, my midwife hasn't reminded me about it this time so I think I'll phone my gps later to see when they can book me in, I looked in my notes and it's printed in there between 28 weeks and 38 but it says on nhs website 20 weeks and 32.

I will definitely be getting the whooping cough vaccine as soon as they offer it.

In other news, I've been trying to work through this cold on my own by resting and taking hot tea and honey and stuff. As of yesterday, I think I am also beginning to develop thrush in my mouth as my whole mouth is sore and kind of splotchy. I gave up and called the doctor. Have an appointment this afternoon. :(

Jessicasmum - I'm getting an extra scan at 23 weeks as apparently they can look at the risk of pre eclampsia through the blood flow. That's the only one I'm aware of.

I will definitely ask about booking a c section then as I don't want to be left with no options! Thanks. I really hope the epidural works for you this time.

Genevevex - that sounds painful, I hope the doc can give you something to relieve it.

In terms of whooping cough I had mine at 28 weeks in my last pregnancy but nhs are now recommending it as close to 20 weeks as possible (but before 32 weeks is fine). The guidelines have changed here but they may well not have changed everywhere!

Hmm, odd. My midwife hasn't mentioned anything to me about whooping cough vaccines. Maybe they're done later here?

Gen - sorry you're feeling poopy and hope you feel better soon. Somehow I've escaped any sickness since preg (touch wood!), but then I'm not around lots of people or kiddies so I'm probably less exposed.

Loopy Laura - someone on another thread from the UK had both and induction and c section scheduled (the latter for later), and they were just going to cancel the c section if the induction worked, so hopefully that's a possibility for you too.

Laura: Not too long until your scan then, fx that all is fine and no preclampsia this time.

Yeah I think worth asking about booking in c-section if you go over, I'll be asking this at my next appointment before I make my definite descion.

I didn't even think about the whooping cough vaccine until you mentioned it yesterday so that's why had a look at nhs website last night, maybe where I'm at just not changed it get but I will try to get around 28 weeks definitely before 32 any way, don't want to leave it until 38 like it says in my maternity file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->