Decided against half marathon!!!

Mrsmitch80

Reaction score
So, I was optimistic about keeping up my running throughout my pregnancy but it's slowly stopping :(

I've been diagnosed with hyperemesis for the third time, my meds have stopped the actual vomiting but I still feel horrendous :(

I managed a 10k race at 7 weeks, it was hard and I was 6 mins slower than usual, felt great for doing it though. Dragged myself out for a run last fri but it was so hard and I felt awful afterwards so it's with a heavy heart I'm giving up my place in a half marathon in 2 weeks time.

As soon as I'm feeling better I'll be doing some gentle jogging and I'll sign up for the same half next year :) it will be my motivation to get my fitness back!!!

I think with hyperemisis you get a medal if you can get up off the sofa! I had it with DS. Like you said, there's always next year.

I signed up for a 5k last month. Now I don't know if I should do it. I still haven't seen the doctor (waiting for him to call) already took my blood & all.. Anyway... The race is next weekend. Before I got my bfp I was still running and was way slower than usual, I didn't know what the heck was going on.. I was tired and felt like I couldn't run. So that was my main big sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->