Decided on donor egg but afraid of actual pregnancy

hopie2015

Reaction score
Hi All - after 2 miscarriages and being 43, we have decided that a donor egg will be the safest way to go. Dr. says could be up to a 75% success rate using donor. I want a baby badly but I am so afraid of something going wrong during pregnancy. Surrogacy is so incredibly expensive. My doctor assures me that I would be able to carry a baby fine, but I think due to being hospitalized for the first miscarriage (second had a D&C), I am just petrified of health complications for both me and baby. I talked with a therapist about my fears and she said my fear has gotten too powerful, but yet I can't lessen it.
I am told adoption in the US could take up to 5 years.. I would be almost 50!!
I guess I am asking if anyone else here has had such strong fears and has been able to work it out?
Thank you and best of luck to all!

Hopie, with DE chances of miscarriage decreases since donor eggs are usually healthy. I am pregnant with DE. There is a thread Inconceivable and beyond where there are many ladies trying or pregnant with donor egg. Just be strong and don't let your fear overpower you.

So many women have that same fear so you are not alone. I know it's hard to do but the best thing is to not let the fears overwhelm you. If your doctor feels that you can carry a baby then he is probably right. Have faith and when you start thinking about the negatives make a point to turn those thoughts into positives. The power of the mind is strong and those positive thoughts really can make a difference. Stay strong and have faith in what your doctor is telling you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->