Decided to Labor at Home...

mom2beagain

mom and preggers
Reaction score
Well after trying my hardest. It doesn't look like my little one is going to make it to the 24 week mark. My cervix reopened last night and started leaking fluid again. All this after my waters broke before Christmas. Our doctor was completely honest in telling us that there is nothing they can do before the 24 week mark. They won't even try. I am in the early stages of labor right now. I'm dilated to a 2, and contracting every 3 minutes. Husband and I decided that we would labor at home and go to the hospital when it gets closer to that time. We were in the ER yesterday, and they refused to do anything, as I am not far enough along. I truly hope that others understand. We have been through so much during this pregnancy and the hospital rules here are that they can not help a baby who is before the 24 week mark. If by some miracle we give birth to a baby girl who is breathing, they are not going to help her at all. I just think at this point in time, as depressed as I am, and knowing what I am entering in to, I would like to be comfortable at home as long as I possibly can be. I will keep everyone updated. God be with us.

So very sorry for your loss at this time, I think I would prefer to be at home also.

You will be in my prayers x

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure it is quite difficult.

Oh, no, this is a tragedy, is there not another hospital that is equipped for very premature babies that can help her? My thoughts are with you and sorry this is happening.

So sorry you are going through this. I think you're right to stay in familiar surroundings as long as you can. Thinking of you :hugs:

Im so sorry :cry: Is there nothing they can do so stop the contractions? :hugs:

I didn't want to read this :(

I'm so sorry, you've been through so much and i'm sorry it's ended this way.

Please stay as safe as you can at home, and go to hospital when the time is right. Be thinking of you <3 major hugs to you honey x x x x

Love and hugs and this difficult time xx

how awful i really feel for you - it sounds like you have accepted the decision that they wont interfere. its so awful how only a few weeks can make such a difference. I try to look on things in the mind that perhaps they werent meant to be

I get terrified every day of this happening and wouldnt wish it on another person ever x

I am so very sorry hun :hugs:

Honey, I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and this difficult time. :hugs: xxx

I am so sorry you are going through this!! Everyday I checked in and had hoped for you a better outcome. I think that now you have accepted what is happening being in the familiar is the best.A million :hug: go out to you and your family and many prayers. God be with you !!

No for everyone that asked. There is not another hospital. This hospital is the 'baby' hospital in the area. The only one that has a NICU and the only one that deals with high risk pregnancy. They are basing this from a medical stand point, they will not do anything before 24 weeks, period.

I can't believe they won't do a thing, I can't imagine the heartbreak at hearing those words. I'm so sorry :hugs:

I have been thinking of you often and even posted a thread to check how you were after we talked about the renal pain we have both been going through....I didnt realise we could pm untill told!!
I am heartbroken to read this thread and my thoughts and love are with you and your family you have to do what is right for you and if thats staying at home then you do it (personaly I think Id do the same ) xxx

I'm so sorry to hear this, I have been holding out hope for you since we first heard about Avery. All the best to you and your family, and we know you gave Alana her very best chance. :hugs:

I am so sorry :cry: my thoughts aand prayers are with you and your family :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->