Decisions, decisions!!!

candice123

Reaction score
Hey ladies just wanted to get your opinions on something. I have two days left on my pill, however I have one more packet in the cupboard. My question is- should I stop with the last two, or should I just finish them all and take them nxt month? We are going to TTC, but I would ideally want to come off my antidepressants before we try. My thinking is that it could take us a while, and I might aswell try and get my body hormone free and wean myself off the other drugs. What would you guys do?

I'd probably just take the last two and leave it, the sooner you get your body back to normal the better I think :) will make it easier to track your cycles

This is just my experience but its just another view of it. I asked my doc if I could finish my pills off sooner and she said it would be fine to stay on them and go right into trying. Of course I have endo and would be in pain if I stop sooner but as far as my period and things being ok in time, she said coming right off then trying is good for me. So I guess you can either stay on and go right into it or you could get yourself off now. There isn't a bad way to do it. It just sounds like it depends on what you are more comfortable with.

Have you asked your doctor what they think?

I just stopped and we wont be ttc for a while but I hate being on hormones!

xx

My opinion is the longer you give yourself to get hormones out of your system the better. Personally i would just take the last 2 and throw the last packet. Also, if you were to become pregnant your doc can prescribe pregnancy friendly anti depressants xxxxx

Id definately come of the pill sooner rather than later. I came off the Pill aaaaages ago and my body is still all over the place - Ive only had 2 cycles in 9 months, I wish Id come off sooner x

like others have said id def come off sooner rather than later. it can take some ladies months for them to start settling down.

I agree with all the advice above. I was lucky and my cycle returned to normal almost right away after I came off of being on the pill for 7 years or so, but not everyone is that way. I was really surprised that I started back up normally so quickly after being on it for such a long time.

Trust me, when you get to the point where you are actively TTC, the LAST thing you are going to want to worry about is whether or not the BCP's are still messing with your cycle. I say, the sooner you come off of them, the better!

Whilst I can see the sense in what everyone is saying, I was advised by my nurse not to come off the pill until I was ready to get preganant. I've also read a lot of stuff to back up this point - apparently after coming off the pill you will be very fertile for a few months... but then fertility can dip for a year or more... So personally, I'll not be coming off the pill until I'm ready to TTC - there's no way I'm missing that period of high fertility and starting to try at the point when I'll have low fertility for a year or so... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->