• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Decorating your venue

Lauren25

Reaction score
After going back to visit the venue the other day OH has been going on about decorations in the room etc but can't tell me any ideas or what he thinks of when he thinks of decoration!

We have lots of bits of pieces of decoration for the room, tables, patio area but feel something's missing!

So what are you having for decortion, any picture you have for inspiration or a look your aiming for ? Also if you have a theme for your decortion ?

Have you got a photo of the room hun? We're having oil lamps as lighting, as well as the large fire place being lit, hopefully that'll create pretty mood lighting. Lots of dried flowers: dried roses, lavender, various foliage etc (nicer than it sounds, promise!). The walls of our room have loads of oil paintings already which set the mood well, and there are large windows too. We're also having a few of those balloons, although only two or three https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/pearlandearl/product/supersize-90cm-big-balloons (in white, with trim). Our main decor is in our furniture and the food itself, which will be on the tables, some on antique platters, and some in antique looking packaging to sort of create the look of a Parisienne bakery. That'll be it on the tables, just plates and things, food, wine, boxes and a few bits of lavender and roses and things. No table centrepieces. Will be putting some antique rugs on the floor in some areas to add some colour, but that's it really apart from the furniture!

love those giant balloons :D I'm just having bunting so far... lots and lots and lots of bunting. I just love it - and we can reuse it afterwards. I haven't really decided on anything else yet so watching for ideas xx

Emyandpotato those balloons are fab, iv not seen those before! I'm going to get a couple to group together in our evening do'; they white ones will look fab against the disco lights :) thanks for sharing!

iv got loads of lanterns, oversize tea lights, bunting, wooden plaques with 'love' quotes on them, vintage photo frames (for absent friends) etc etc etc :)

Bunting, Pom poms, wicker baskets. We aren't allowed lit candles in the marquee unfortunately otherwise I'd want some of those in the evening. Our 'theme' is vintage garden party. Our venue doesn't really need much decoration I don't think, but we'll see on the day :lol:

Aly would some LED candled be an option?

WSS! They look lovely, and in candle holders like this https://www.nkuku.com/Item/House_-A..._Candle_Holders/RT33/Rubi_T-Light_Holder.html you can't tell the difference at all.

I quite like the idea of tissue paper pom poms but I've no idea wha I'm even decorating til its built!! xx

Thanks for sharing everyone :)

Our ceremony, day and evening reception is all in the same one room, it's used as the restaurant usually so the first 2 pictures are of it as the restaurant and the other is of somebody's winter wedding reception there!

There is a patio area to the room which has little tables and some old style lamp posts, we have big lanterns with chunky candles for the tables and I am getting bunting to tie around the lamp posts! So out there is done!

The tables will have table cloths then sweet jars in the centre with colour fitting sweets, we then have a photo frame with the table number/menu in and around then little table gems and bits of confetti! Each place will have a 'wedding mad libs' their place name card and their favour (scratch card for adults, box of chocolates for the children) so I think that's enough for the tables!

Top table is table cloth with little jars of sweets and a Mr and Mrs sign in the middle! Again the confetti and table gems and along the front of the table bunting!

Next to the top table either side will be 2 big pedastols of flowers which will be moved from the ceremony!

For the ceremony all we have is the 2 pedastols of flowers for either side at the front! We have the registrars table for signing the register I feel something needs to go on here and as well I feel we need something else, don't know what though!

Our theme is very loose country garden/shabby chic but we don't want anything over the top, just very much a summers day!! Colours being pastel pink with some Bright turquoise!

Sorry for going on, any ideas would be fab!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/image_zpsbec0fa72.jpg

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/image_zps7cf2caf6.jpg

wow Lauren that's a lovely big room! I reckon some of the balloons grouped in corners would look beautiful, are you having a photo booth? or was that someone else? that will take up another corner, as will the buffet, the dancefloor and seating....

I think what you've done so far is fab, I love the sound of the old lamp posts outside! xx

ps, sorry I'm not much help, I'm not too good with decorations :blush:

I know I love the room, I love how bright it is and the sky light :cloud9:
Yep it was me whose having the photo booth!
I was thinking balloons somewhere, those big round ones!

I don't think we need much but OH does, I think because we have so many guests too, 116!! The room will be very full anyway!

I think once every one is in it wont need much decorating. I only plan on having centre pieces on the tables.

if you're having loads of people, I wouldn't do too much to it tbh. the room will have it's own atmosphere, you don't want to overcrowded it :flower:

I agree, the room is beautiful. I don't think you need much more than you've already got. You could have a couple of those big balloons for the ceremony and then find homes for them either in the corners or on the patio for the reception :thumbup: The skylight is an amazing feature. You don't want to detract from that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->