Deer park bottled water tasted weird -- scared!

Starlight32

Reaction score
I opened a new jug of Deer Park water. I poured a glass, tasted it, and it tasted really weird. I swallowed it before realizing but dumped the rest of the gallon out. If something was wrong with the water that made it taste weird, could baby be in danger?

I wouldn't worry too much. There's a very good chance that it just tasted weird because of hormonal changes you're going through. It's quite common to become more sensitive to certain tastes, like one of the minerals in the water for example. I can't drink tap water when pregnant, tastes absolutely horrible to me.
But even if there was an actual weird taste, the most likely explanation is that the water had been in its bottle for too long and some of the chemicals from the plastic have seeped into it. That wouldn't be great but I'm sure that one sip (or even a few) would be way off the levels you'd need to be concerned about. Plus your body's really good at filtering out the bad stuff and not letting it get to baby.
Basically, try not to worry! Chances are it just tasted weird to you anyway.

I would agree that it probably just tasted funny to you due to the pregnancy. Things that I would eat or drink daily before pregnancy don't appeal to me at all now. All part of this rollercoaster!

I saw your other post about getting knocked in the bump...you need to relax! It's easier said than done. I'm a worrier, always have been, just remember the baby is VERY well protected in there.

I got kicked in the bump quite a few times by my little boy (accidentally) as he was only small when I was pregnant last time and also managed to fall halfway down the stairs and my little girl was absoloutly fine.

Also one sip of potentially contaminated water probably wouldn't hurt.

Is this level of anxiety normal for you or do you feel it is heightened due to pregnancy? Maybe I would speak to your midwife/nurse/gp whoever you see next and mention it.

It most likely tasted weird due to pregnancy or some brands of water do taste different to others.

Baby will be fine, try not to worry

I always drink this water; I dumped the weird tasting gallon out and opened a new one of the same kind and have been drinking it, so I don't think it was a taste bud thing. I'm not sure what made it taste weird!! I am very worried about baby in general though..

Starlight I feel it's normal to worry about lots of things you wouldn't usually worry about when you're pregnant - however I've noticed you seem particularly anxious about lots and lots of things. Do you think you should check in with your dr about it? Pregnancy is a scary time but it's so much nicer when you can let yourself enjoy it :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->