Definitely a BFP but...

lcbrockley

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So back in April I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. We started trying again straightaway and this month it has happened for us. I am really happy but completely struggling. I have known since 12dpo (with a very faint, barely visible 2nd line!) and am now 24dpo (5 weeks pregnant!). No one but me and my partner know about the miscarriage and even though I know he will be happy I still haven't told him about this pregnancy... I'm finding it hard to say as I'm scared of things going wrong again!

Attachments

• IMG_20150924_130441.jpg
    IMG_20150924_130441.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 57
Hi Hun I know how you feel, we recently just mc at what I would have been around 5 weeks. Also this happened 4 months ago, such a scary time. All you can do is hope for the best, good luck Hun 😀

First, congratulations!
I think you should tell your hubby soon! That way you at least have him there for support if anything happens. He of all people will understand best.
And like they said you just gotta stay positive:flower:
Take good care of yourself, watch your body ( you know it best ) and enjoy the next 9 months:thumbup:
I wish you the happiest pregnancy!:dust:
Keep us up to date.
Maybe one day I'll see you on the pregnancy boards! :baby:

Hugs. I empathize as well. I lost my bean back in Jan, and everyone knew. I finally mustered up the courage to tell my closest coworker, and I honestly instantly regretted it. She went straight into questions like, "Is it going to be like last time?" I know she is just concerned, but she was so focused on how devastated I was last time that she didn't even congratulate me.

For what it's worth, those are gorgeous lines. Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

I can completely relate to your situation. My first pregnancy I remember being like that, I only wanted to keep it between us and nobody else. I didn't even tell my mother, who is the person I am closest to besides DH, until I was 9 weeks. By the fifth pregnancy, everyone knew about it and it ended up in miscarriage, then I had to tell them what happened. This was in July so I completely understand how you must be feeling. After you've had a miscarriage, it is like the rug was jerked out from under you, and any pregnancy afterward is never as exciting as before because you have this overhanging cloud of doubt... what if something goes wrong again? Is the baby ok? Is what ever activity I'm doing going to hurt the baby? Chances are you will be fine and I hope you sincerely have a happy/healthy 9 months :flower:

Awwwwww congrats hun. All u can do is take it one day at a time. All the best x

Thanks everyone... A pregnancy after a miscarriage is hard to get your head around! You want to be so happy as it's what you wanted but can't be as you know what it feels like when it all goes wrong and terrified that it will. Will definitely tell my partner this weekend though .. Just need to relax, what will be will be!! Think whats making it all harder is my sister is due in a few weeks and I wouldn't have been far behind her! Good luck to you all on here and thank you so much for your replies. Will definitely try and use this forum regularly x

Hugs. I had two friends account they had the same EDD as I did the day after I lost my bean. :( It sucked then, sucked every time they posted pictures, and sucked when their babies came into the world. But as long as you have a supportive partner, great friends and family, and stay strong you will get through it. I went to the hospital when my cousin was delivering, and I thought it would hurt. Especially with everyone making comments about how upset I must be. But I was so genuinely happy for her, there wasn't a twinge of sadness that day. Hugs hugs. If your sister's day rolls around and you need someone to talk to, I'm here and so are the women of this board. :) Plus, you have your own bean now.

Have you asked your doctor to do bloodwork or for an early scan?

Congratulations hun!! :wohoo:
I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

I don't understand exactly what you are going through, since I have never h ad a MC. I can say though, that I completely understand the worry. It must be so hard for you. I hope this is your sticky bean :hugs:.

Congratulations hun and happy and healthy 9 months :)

Thanks again everyone...I went to the Dr's on Monday but although they were really nice they didn't really do anything for me which I expected as was still very early and not a lot they can do! Tomorrow will be exactly 6 weeks which is the time I started bleeding last time round, which will be hard. I had some really bad cramps the other evening and was panicky about going to the loo just incase but no bleeding and no bad cramps since so fingers crossed. Think I want to get past this 6 week mark then next week be brave enough to register with the midwives!

Good luck to everyone else on their journey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->