defrosting baby food?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
just wondering, when you defrost LOs food in the microwave, are you meant to defrost then cook, or just cook it? if that makes any sense!

I defrost in the microwave but stir it well afterward and let it stand for a few minutes to make sure it's not overly hot

If I haven't left the food out of the freezer for long enough I tend to zap it in the microwave on defrost for about 20 secs, then cook it as normal ie for another 20 secs on high. This usually makes it WAY too hot though, but just keep stirring till it cools.

I usually found in the microwave it would taste funny so I now defrost it in boiling water

Either defrost in the fridge for a few hours or overnight....or defrost in the microwave immediately before cooking, make sure you warm it thoroughly and then leave to stand and cool or add a bit of cold milk/water to cool it down a bit quicker and thicken back up with baby rice or cereal:happydance: (see, you knew that baby rice would be useful for something:shhh:)

I leave it in a bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours to deforst, then heat the food up by standing in a bowl of hot water (from kettle). If it's veggies sometimes they need 10 seconds in the microwave just to get started though.

do you use the defrost setting on the microwave tho, or just heat it?

I use defrost 1st....to defrost:rofl: then normal to heat:happydance:

i normally just leave it on normal because i only do it in short bursts 20 seconds or so.

i just use the microwave as I would to heat something.... not quite sure how my defrost button works :blush:

I try to remember to take the food and leave to defrost in the fridge overnight. Only thing is, so busy now I sometimes forget. So the microwave is great for de-frosting.

I defrost the food first, it can take up to six minutes to defrost a basic potato fish pie and I stop and stir it half way through. I then then heat/cook it again on full power for about 40 seconds until its steaming hot.

Here are some healthy tips for defrosting and cooking baby food in the microwave.

Ali
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"