Dehydrated?

A

AppleBlossom

Hey girls, just popping in :)

I changed Grace's nappy this morning and there were like, tiny bits of clear things that felt jelly like. No idea what they were, all I could think was that maybe she was dehydrated and so her urine had started crystalising? She won't drink water or juice, it's so frustrating. I literally have to trick her into taking a bit but as soon as she realises what it is she clamps her mouth tight shut! Help??

Sometimes if you get a bad batch of nappies they can form those little crystal like things.
if she is still drinking all her milk she shouldnt be dehydrated, a quick way to tell is her soft spot, if it is sunken she is dehydrated, it should be bulging, or under her eyes if she has dark rings that can also be a sign. xx

Was gonna say a lot of nappies can sometimes leak crystals onto their skin so i wouldn't worry too much

Thanks, she does drink all 8oz of her bottles but then I thought, well milk isn't very hydrating. But I guess it must be. Could be the nappies, they're from a new pack

Thanks, she does drink all 8oz of her bottles but then I thought, well milk isn't very hydrating. But I guess it must be. Could be the nappies, they're from a new pack

Formula has all she needs to keep her hydrated. xx

ya id say probably the nappies as they have that absorbent jelly in it.

Leeons first nappy in the morning has these jelly things in its because he goes 15 hours at night and doesnt wake up so hes in the same nappy and obviously it gets so full thats what happens x

yep I'd say nappy jelly too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->