Dental dilema

VieraSky

Mommy
Reaction score
Hi. I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant. Couple days ago I had one if my two front teeth break clean in half. I called in the next day to be seen by the emergency dentist. He couldn't give me an X ray because I'm in my first trimester so he put a cap on it and sent me on my way. It's a bit sore once the numbing wears off but I figure that's to be expected. Fast forward to today. Throbbing face pain, swelling that has been gradually getting worse over the course of the day. Is this normal? Does it sound like an infection? I've taken acetometophin and that helps for a little while with the pain but nothing is helping with the swelling. At this point it has spread across to the other side of my face. I'm gonna call in the morning, but do you think I need to do something tonight? Help!

Poor you that sounds horrible! I don't know about the US but here in the UK the dentists have an emergency out of hours service usually at at local hospitals. Have you tried phoning your dentist to see if they have an out of hours number on their voicemail message?

My dentist doesn't have that, unfortunately. The ones around here that do don't take my insurance (I looked when the tooth broke)

It does sound like an infection. I had one a few years ago and it's agony. I would get back as soon as you can (no idea how easy that is there, like the pp said, here we have emergency appointments and they've always gotten me in within 2 hours for these sorts of things). He should have cleaned it out and they apply this antibiotic kind of sealant to it topically before applying the cap. If he hasn't done that or done it well, it's likely there is still an active infection.

Sounds like an infection. I would go to your doctor and see if they can get you some antibiotics as soon as possible. You don't want the infection spreading into the blood.

Go to an emergency room or urgent care if you can't get in to see your dentist. They likely can't do much for the tooth, but they can give you something to stop the infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->