Dental work in pregnancy?

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has experience? I know I have cavities from Tori's pregnancy but one of them has been horrible lately and I'm worried I'll need a root canal. :(

Anyone have any dental work done during pregnancy? I'm so miserable.

I've had a root canal filling this pregnancy and am having a crown this week. I was about 24 weeks when I had the root canal. I have also had a few x rays in the area. I told my dentist and asked if it was ok, he just said the amount of x ray/ anaesthetic was minimal and its better to just get it sorted. Now I don't have horrible shooting pains when I bite down its great.

I work as a dental nurse :) pregnancy can wreak havoc on teeth, pregnant women actually get get free dental care in the UK.

The only thing we tend to avoid is X-rays and amalgam (silver) fillings, everything else is totally fine. Another thing to take into consideration is sitting for a lengthy treatment whilst further along as can get uncomfortable

i had two cavaties filled during my last pregnancy, and my doc said that my root canal would have been fine to get done as well:) tho as i was late in my preg i opted to wait until after, but since youre still at the beginning i would not wait. you dont want to get an infection, that would def be more of a risk to baby:hugs:

I had an x ray and filling while pregnant (an old filling came out). I was 39 weeks and was very dizzy when I got up because of the angle of the chair. Other than that all was well.

i was dizzy as well! they really put you so far back! i would maybe just take periodic breaks to minimize that:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->