Depo Injection

c1403

Reaction score
Hi All
Looking for some advice/opinions

I've been on the depo for about a year now. All had been fine until recently. I've gained 11lb (though I admit my diet hasn't been great) but I have started to lose any interest in sex, feel quite negative about things and generally a bit miserable.

I'm not suggesting this is all to do with depo but I think it plays a part. I was off contraceptives for 6 years and now I'm back on a hormonal contraceptive I just feel miserable and can't think very positively

DH was booked in for the snip but chickened out and I'm not 100% sure we're done with children (he says he is)

I guess I'm just wondering if others had similar side effects and perhaps other sugestions for contraception (I always forgot my pill so chose depo).

I've told DH I'm not happy on it so won't get another shot, I've just had one recently. He agreed but also thinks it's not down to the shot and I'm just a bit down. He is supportive but thinks using the depo as factor is a bit of a excuse.

Just realised I posted on her a year ago when considering contraceptives.
Looks like it's the coil (no hormone) or back on the pill or just be bloody careful!

I was gonna suggest the copper coil. Hormonal birth control really messes with my head so I can completely understand.

We are both 100% done so we will be pursuing permanent birth control after DD is born. But if we weren't I'd totally go for the copper coil.

I didn’t get on with the injection at all. Kept having random bleeding and affected me hormonally. I don’t want to take anything with hormones after I have this one. Hubby is having the snip in about 6 months, waiting list dependent. We are very sure we don’t want any more! What about the Nuva ring for you? My friend swears by it. Have heard mixed things about the coil after having a baby, some people hate it but I think it’s really personal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->