Depo warning, personal info!

Layla

Reaction score
HI guys

Need some advice about the depo injection please from those who have had it.

I had it for the first time last month and from the moment i had it i started feeling low, this feeling has got worse and worse....last week i broke down and told jase i didnt want to be with him anymore and asked him to leave, of course i didnt mean it! but i didnt have much control over my feelings and actions, after a good cry and talk i finaly gave in and started to take the Anti D's :( im sure its the depo thats done this to me.

I also started feeling more tired and worn out since i have had it done and after a blood test found out that i need mroe iron...again im sure its linked to the depo.

The thing thats worrying me the most at teh mo tho, is about 13 days ago, i started getting what i thought was my peroid, i had been told they might stop so when it stayed as a slight bit of discharge when i wiped i was really happy, but it hasnt stopped! i have had brown discharge everyday for 13 days now and the past 3 days its started to burn down below.

I went to the nurse this mroning and she said its not an infection and to see how it goes and go back in 2 weeks if im still like it ad she will do swabs (why couldnt she do them today?!)

other symptoms are, weight gain and complete loss of sex drive :(

Im due to have it again in the middle of July, needless to say i wont be having it lol but how long does it take for all these affects to wear off??

Has anyone else ever had any of these symptoms while being on it?

Thanks

x

i was on the depo and was really mpoody then went on implant for a month got it took out in the febuary and was pregnant by april/may,they say it takes 12 months for the depo to come out ur system but it cant if i got pregnant so quickly. im on the depo now but the mood swings r terrible! so im going for the implant next week x

honey any contraceptive that's hormone based and doesn't agree with you will do that to your moods :hugs: and some can make you bleed funny

I was on the depo for 6 months and you couldn't pay me to take it ever again. I bled the whole time I was on it. The bleeding wasn't very much, but I had to wear a panty liner every day just so my undies wouldn't get stained. My mood was horrible, it made me very irritable and emotional. I gained weight with it and my periods were not regular. For some women, the depo is good, but for others it has this side effect (which you sound like you are going through a lot of what I went through). You might try a different birth control method. Sounds like the depo is not agreeing with your body and you shouldn't be miserable like that.

After I did the depo, I tried another shot (but they did away with it) so I switched to Yasmin. It's a pill instead of a shot. I was relunctant on trying it cause I'm horrible at taking pills, but for some reason, I didn't seem to "forget" to take that pill, lol!!! I loved it. My periods were very regular, I knew what day and around what time I would be starting my period. It helps your skin, my moods were great, I could lose weight on it. I just new my body and had no problems with it. I did take it for a long time and it took me a little over a year to get pregnant after I stopped taking it. I would go back on it in the future because I believe it was the right contraceptive for me. I hope this helps. Speak to your doctor about different birth controls, you will eventually find one that best suits you. If I were you, I would stop taking the depo, it sounds like it's doing bad things for you. Good luck hun.

I was on Depo for a few years. I had a long period the first month and then I didnt have another period for 3 years. I didnt gain any weight from it and I was pretty much the same mood wise, I think, lol. It may not be agreeing with your system. I stopped taking mine and it took a good 6 months for my period to come back, but again that was after taking it for years.

I was on the depo for 6 months and you couldn't pay me to take it ever again. I bled the whole time I was on it. The bleeding wasn't very much, but I had to wear a panty liner every day just so my undies wouldn't get stained. My mood was horrible, it made me very irritable and emotional. I gained weight with it and my periods were not regular. For some women, the depo is good, but for others it has this side effect (which you sound like you are going through a lot of what I went through). You might try a different birth control method. Sounds like the depo is not agreeing with your body and you shouldn't be miserable like that.

After I did the depo, I tried another shot (but they did away with it) so I switched to Yasmin. It's a pill instead of a shot. I was relunctant on trying it cause I'm horrible at taking pills, but for some reason, I didn't seem to "forget" to take that pill, lol!!! I loved it. My periods were very regular, I knew what day and around what time I would be starting my period. It helps your skin, my moods were great, I could lose weight on it. I just new my body and had no problems with it. I did take it for a long time and it took me a little over a year to get pregnant after I stopped taking it. I would go back on it in the future because I believe it was the right contraceptive for me. I hope this helps. Speak to your doctor about different birth controls, you will eventually find one that best suits you. If I were you, I would stop taking the depo, it sounds like it's doing bad things for you. Good luck hun.

Thanks for that, i feel a bit better now knowing my probs are down to the depo, im glad someone else has been able to comferm they went thorugh it too, with your discharge/peroid, did you get any burning feelings? im the same, not enough for a pad, but i have to wear a liner just to save my knickers! lol

Im due for my next jab in july but im not going to have it, im hoping all the affects will wear off pretty qwuick, i dont wnat to be waitng months to feel normal again!

Jase has gone back in for the snip so soon birth control wont be a problem for us.

x

Please do not have this injection again. Even if someone wanted to pay me £1million to take it again I would turn them down. Doctors and nurses are very quick to recommend it as the best possible contraception. I wished Id know what problems I would have after taking it. My periods stopped straight away and I didnt have another until stopping the depo after 3 years. It took me nearly 5 years to get pregnant after it. I put on 4 stone in 12 months and Ive only just lost it now. I used to suffer really bad mood swings with it too which eventually turned to depression all of which im sure is down to the depo. You would be better off with the implant because im sure ive heard that it releases the hormones everyday rather than 3 months worth in one go. Also when its removed thats it out where as the depo, you dont know how it will effect you afterwards. It sounds a bit extreme this post but seriously if id of known I wouldnt of had it.

different hormonal contraceptives work for different women. For me personally the patch was the best - i didn't gain weight alot (only one that I didn't - everything else made me gain for 6 months, that one only 2 mth), I didn't get moody and didn't get spotty - it actually calmed my moods a bit....only bad thing was, cause I'm allergic to alot of sticky stuff, I had a red scar-like square here I put it for 2 weeks afterwards (you change it once a week and don't put it in the same place 2 weeks running, usually takes a couple of days to get the redness away - just like a plaster)

I didnt find it too bad with regards to the weight gain but i tell you what it gave me one heck of a butt ache after id had it lol

Im normally quite good with the hormones side of things too so it didnt really affect me

thanks guys, i defo wont be getting it again, untill jase gets his op it will be condoms only!

i hate putting things in my body that i dont know about, i wont even take headache tablets!

just praying now it wont take too long to get back to normal

x

Thanks for that, i feel a bit better now knowing my probs are down to the depo, im glad someone else has been able to comferm they went thorugh it too, with your discharge/peroid, did you get any burning feelings? im the same, not enough for a pad, but i have to wear a liner just to save my knickers! lol

Im due for my next jab in july but im not going to have it, im hoping all the affects will wear off pretty qwuick, i dont wnat to be waitng months to feel normal again!

Jase has gone back in for the snip so soon birth control wont be a problem for us.

x

You're welcome. From what I remember, I don't think I experienced any burning sensations. I was just peeved that I had to wear a liner all the time. It really put a damper on my personal life if you know what I mean. I'm glad you decided against getting the injection again. It sounds like it's not very good for your body. It affects all women differently. I knew a girl who didn't have any problems with it. It's weird, but we are all made differently. You take care of yourself and make sure you use protection until your OH gets fixed.

I put on 25lbs in a year NO JOKE!!!! My sis also put on weight and she is alot smaller than me and never normally puts weight on!!!

But my sis went for her pill check up the other day and the doc said she should NOT have been given it because she has a history of depression!!! I have also had a history of depression and anxiety but honestly didnt feel depressed on it!!! But it shows that it is a depressive considering my sis got told she should never have been on it!!!

I dont rate it at all.... the weight gain is a joke and I know of loads more people of who it happened to!! Im gonna go back to my pill..... and remember to take it :dohh:

i dont know how much weight i have put on but i know i have, i can feel it around my face and upper tummy :(

i have a history of drpression too, i got very depressed when my firast mariage broke down and i had PND after my eldest son, they didnt ask me or mention the risk when they gave me the injection tho, grrr

x

no i know thats why i was a bit shocked when my sis told me that last week!!! Ill never go on it again..... nor anything like it.... (implant)!!!

Hope you find something suitable soon :hugs:

they dont do the implant here.

Im covered untill the middle of july, not that i will be getting any with this stupid discharge, and the face i have no interest in sex atall!

But hopefuly by the end of july that will start to change as the depo wears off, fingers crossed!

x

I had the depo for 9 months and I gained 20 lbs and was a COMPLETE depressed mess! I was a totally different person. I don't remember the bleeding, but the rest of it was horrible. When I decided to go off it, my dr. told me that the horomones stay in your body for 9 months, but they have you get the shot every 3 to make sure there are enough horomones that you don't get pregnant. So by 9 months of having it, you have tripled the horomones you need. I would never do it again, either. I think that's why I had a hard time getting pregnant. I will never take any bc with horomones in it. It's condoms for us and when we are done having kids DH is gonna get snipped!

i personally have never had the depo but one of my very good friends got it about 2 years ago and had the most awful rapid weight gain. She went from about 8.5 stone to over 13.5 in a few months. She has managed to shift some of it but now suffers from depression and suffers from such low confidence.

The is my only experience of the depo - i won't be taking it, put it that way.

:hug:

Christine
XXX

i weighed myself yesterday and havent put any on which i was suprised at coz my clothes are getting tight and i can feel the weight around my face.
Its hard to explain but im not hungry, nor full, yet i have this over whelming feelings that i must eat...its like a craving in my throat, sounds so mad doesnt it lol

going to joins limming world next week (got to get my college exam out of the way first) then i will swim twice a week too, so hopefuly i will keep on top of it and wont gain weight untill the affects wear off

x

This is quite an educational thread and depo sounds dreadful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->