Depo warning, personal info!

My cousin was with his partner for 6 months, they had a great relationship till she got the depo. They had an arguement one day over where they were going out and she started to physically attack him. Ive never heard good things about it.
I have a friend who tried the implant and bled constantly the whole time she had it.
Not good at all!

HI guys

Need some advice about the depo injection please from those who have had it.

I had it for the first time last month and from the moment i had it i started feeling low, this feeling has got worse and worse....last week i broke down and told jase i didnt want to be with him anymore and asked him to leave, of course i didnt mean it! but i didnt have much control over my feelings and actions, after a good cry and talk i finaly gave in and started to take the Anti D's :( im sure its the depo thats done this to me.

I also started feeling more tired and worn out since i have had it done and after a blood test found out that i need mroe iron...again im sure its linked to the depo.

The thing thats worrying me the most at teh mo tho, is about 13 days ago, i started getting what i thought was my peroid, i had been told they might stop so when it stayed as a slight bit of discharge when i wiped i was really happy, but it hasnt stopped! i have had brown discharge everyday for 13 days now and the past 3 days its started to burn down below.

I went to the nurse this mroning and she said its not an infection and to see how it goes and go back in 2 weeks if im still like it ad she will do swabs (why couldnt she do them today?!)

other symptoms are, weight gain and complete loss of sex drive :(

Im due to have it again in the middle of July, needless to say i wont be having it lol but how long does it take for all these affects to wear off??

Has anyone else ever had any of these symptoms while being on it?

Thanks

x
I took depo for years at a time, several times, and each time i had to stop with the same side effects. First of all i would get moody, then depressed, then anxious, then completely paranoid and almost barking mad. I would get on a bus and i had to sit at the back, because someone could stab me from behind. But then sat at the back, there could have been a bomb on the bus and i wouldnt be able to get off. I spent every night wide awake and sick with fear of a terrorist attack, or a burgler. I was going out of my mind! walking down the road, someone could mug me. Also gained loads of weight, had very bad migrains and bloddy discharge that never went away.

After several months of not having the next injection, these things went away and i felt normal again. It took over a year for my periods to go back to normal.

I do know some people who have had good experiences with Depo, but I really wouldnt recommend it. It was an increadably hard time dealing with my paranoia.

I dident much like depo either. i dident gain weight, but i couldent lose the baby weight i had gained and it stopped my periods, this was fine, what wasent fine was the paranoia.
Id hear about women getting pregnant on it and it always made me think, how will i know if im not bleeding.
Plus, i had it in my butt cheek, and my leg was always numb for about 2 or 3 days after.

I have taken my second shot of Depo Provera and I've had HORRIBLE side effects. I now have bad acne and weight gain among the worst of it. The worst of it is the day after taking my second shot I was really shaky and had extreme panic. I ended up going to a Psychiatrist and they have now diagnosed me with a Panic Disorder, along with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that was onset by the shot. I live in panic everyday and have horrible violent thoughts and fears. They put me on Ativan, a strong relaxer and I may have to receive more treatment. The worst part of this is that I asked the doctor beforehand what all the side effects were and he told me only weight gain and spotting. Also, he wasn't supposed to give someone with Epilepsy this shot and he did. This has dramatically changed my life and I just wanted to post this to warn other people that it isn't worth it!!!! I wish I could go back in time but all I can do now is wait and hope some of this will wear off :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->