depressed about post pregnancy body!

pricebub

Married mummy
Reaction score
I was unsure where to postr this so i have also posted in post natal support.....
I had my baby girl onValentines day, she is 4 weeks old today!

I was very strict on my eating prior to my pregnancy and had lost 10 kgs (about 22lbs) to get to 69 kgs. i let ate very healthy during my pregnancy and only gained back the 10kgs up to about 80kgs.

I have lost about 7kgs since isabella was born, and am now 72.5kgs. whhat i dont understand is that about a week after she was born i weight 71 kgs! I have been eating maximum 1400 cals a day and walking about 5kilometres a day as well! I dont understand! :shrug:

I am having difficulty coming to terms with it as i feel like i am being so strict with no results! I know i am being very impatient but my relationship with food and body image has always been an issue and the lack of results and putting ON weight is really getting me down! :cry:

Did anyone else have fluctuating weight after birth even when dieting?!

I know alot of women had it much worse and i dont want to seem ungrateful but i am really upset!

Thanks for letting me rant, any advice would be appreciated

Its still really early days hun, your body needs time to recover :hugs:

i understand that. i just weighed myself and ive gained 2 kgs! thats 4.4lbs, whle dieting and excercising and ive been in tears ever since! Is it normal for my weight to jump up so quickly in these circumstances???

4 weeks after delivery there are still hormones flying around and xs fluid etc
it is not advised to diet or do vigerous exercise till after your 6 week check
as mentioned above your body has been through a lot... it needs to repair itself not be starved
give yourself a break hun
eat well REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the weight will come off in time
as they say, 9 months on , 9 month soff
x

If the amount of walking you've been doing is a lot more than you did in pregnancy, you may have just improved your muscle tone, which means gaining a little weight. You're not that heavy to begin with, so you'll notice any changes more than some of us would.

It's still a bit early to be dieting or doing too much exercising. Give your body a break - you've earnt it! Take it a bit easier for a few weeks (at least until after your 6 week check), and ease into it gradually.

Your baby needs you to be on top form, so be sensible with your diet and exercise.

I have been the same hun, i lost over a stone when my son was born, since then i have been having 3 main meals aday - 1 day i can drop a lb, then the next day i will put on 2, when i have been eating really good healthy foods, dont understand what is happening to my body, but like the rest have said, maybe we just need to give our body time..

btw- i have 2 stone to lose x

thanks everyone, as my husband says, maybe i need to relax a little bit. I have been blessed with such a good little baby girl! I think i have way to much time on my hands to worry so much! I will try to take your advice on board! xo

and good luck beauty within im sure you will get there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->