depressing program about older mums

readytogiveup

Reaction score
just been on itv anyone see it, tellin you if are over 40 should just head off to the gas chamber now as eggs either wont be fertile or wont support a live birth or there will be birth defects, OMG are the government paying the channels to stop older mums ??. just bin looking for my zimmer frame think dementia must have set in cos cant find it, prob should head off and change incontinence pad.. all i can say is sod off itv i dont set much to store by these documentries cos i work in hospital with elderly patients and according to documentries we are all abusing or neglecting the elderly in our care.. sorry for the moan girls but doesnt it rack you off. for godsake i am 44 not 94 i have gone into this with my eyes wide open as i suspect so have you all we all know the pitfalls, reduced fertility,
risk of defects or miscarriage so we dont need it rammed down our throats. i think they think a women just says ooh i know what i will do today i will have a baby, morons. last baby i had at 40 i was preg at same time as daughter, i had the healthier pregnancy so in conclusion i say DONT LISTEN TO NAY SAYERS MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND :hugs:

my nanna had my mum aged 40 in 1939, luckily ITV was not around to make her worry!! :rofl: my aunty also had twins at 40 in the late 60's.

my nanna had my mum aged 40 in 1939, luckily ITV was not around to make her worry!! :rofl: my aunty also had twins at 40 in the late 60's.

too right i think all the older mums to be should gather together and go and see itv and tell em to mind their own business.. it is our lives and our stale eggs ha ha. how old are you btw ?:hugs:

too right i think all the older mums to be should gather together and go and see itv and tell em to mind their own business.. it is our lives and our stale eggs ha ha. how old are you btw ?:hugs:

38, 39 in october, hope to have my BFP by then [-o<

i have gone into this with my eyes wide open as i suspect so have you all we all know the pitfalls, reduced fertility,
risk of defects or miscarriage so we dont need it rammed down our throats.

This is exactly what I was shouting at the television when the programme was on air - do they really think we don't know about how fertility reduces with age? About how the risks increase?

And then they featured that dozy woman who had "followed the career path" and says that she didn't realise that her fertility was decreasing to such an extent as she got older. And I thought:- "She had a career yet was so thick she didn't know this?" :haha: So perhaps there are pockets of the population that did learn something from the programme.

i have gone into this with my eyes wide open as i suspect so have you all we all know the pitfalls, reduced fertility,
risk of defects or miscarriage so we dont need it rammed down our throats.

This is exactly what I was shouting at the television when the programme was on air - do they really think we don't know about how fertility reduces with age? About how the risks increase?

And then they featured that dozy woman who had "followed the career path" and says that she didn't realise that her fertility was decreasing to such an extent as she got older. And I thought:- "She had a career yet was so thick she didn't know this?" :haha: So perhaps there are pockets of the population that did learn something from the programme.
oh i agree personally if you are that dumb dont deserve child anyway, god that gym bunny who thought yeah body in shape wont have probs stupid moron, i have a body like a sack of spuds and still caught at 40 so just cos you skinny no guarantee of your eggs being ok really is luck of draw aint it :hugs:

I missed the program thankfully or the air would have been blue with my language :growlmad:

I suppose there may be a small proportion of older women TTC who don't realise their fertility is decreasing but from the sounds of the program I suspect after crying into their pillows they will give up TTC. But I suspect most women TTC older are fully aware of the issues.

My nan was 43 years old & 2 days when she gave birth to my mum in 1940 and she was heavier than she should have been by about 14lbs but her doctor never told her she was too old or too fat!

If I get my BFP this year I'll be 41 when I give birth and I'm overweight so I'm just waiting for someone in the NHS to be negative as I will tell them that I am an individual not a statistic!

Good luck to us all !!!!!!!!!!!! Theres loads of women out there pregant ,on the fluffy side ( like this term as i read it in another thread ) and alittle older than their twenties shall we say ! Lets all try and keep positive and support each other as always on here xxxxxxx

My one grandmother was 46 when she had her last one and so was my other grandma in her 40.'s..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->