Depression/anxiety what has helped you? Assessment by mental health team?

topsy

Reaction score
Hi,

I suffer from anxiety and depression and am on several different tables. I went back to the Dr`s and he has upped my tablets this week :(

On Monday I am going to the hospital to be assessed by the mental health team, I just wondered if anyone had any experiences of this? So I sort of know what to expect, as I am really worrying about it, which isn`t helping my anxiety!

Also if you have had anxiety depression, can I asked what tablets you are on, and what has helped you? I have been on so many and none of them seem to work!

Know this maybe a sensitive subject for some people, so if you don't feel like you can post maybe you could PM me?

Just could do with a little help, as feel a bit lost right now xx

Prozac/fluoxetine. Best medication ever, it really helped me. I'm off it now, but when I needed to be on it, it was wonderful. I have anxiety too, and it just helped to calm me down and see things clearly rather than dope me up and knock me out. I was able to tell ittle obsessive thoughts that would control my life before to GO AWAY and they did.

Was on citalopram before than and didn't think much of it.

Don't worry at all about your assessment, it's a positive thing! You'll get help and they'll be able to better understand your needs. Good Luck!

I won't take any meds for mine anymore.
Too many bad experiences/side effects in the past.Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow x

citilapram was diagnosed for me, for anxiety symptoms really as I wasn't depressed (although probably was about the anxiety lol!!). The assessment will be fine, honestly. There will be a number of questions to ascertain where your mood is, where your thoughts are etc. It will be for the team to work out what treatment will be most beneficial for you, and for what level of professional will be allocated to work with you. For example, I imagine they will be looking at cognitive behavioural therapy to go alongside your medication, and for nothing below a chartered psychologist or psychotherapist to work with you (taking into account the history you mentiond)
xxxxxx

I dont take anything for mine now, anything I have ever been given seems to make me worse especially fluoxetine.

My best source of help when I have a panic attack is my OH even if I have to phone him he calms me down. Good luck x

First thanks for replying x

I had it this morning and it was fine, they were lovely.

Yep, even with the tablets I take, I still ring my OH for his reasurraing voice, and that will help calm me down too when I have a panic attack xxx

I have generalised anxiety too and suffer 24/7 i was given escitalopram which i find helps me on a day to day basis. Know how you feel and your never alone :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->