Depression during pregnancy

pola17

Reaction score
Hi girls!

You see, DH and I live alone as my parents live in the states while the in laws in Armenia.

MIL arrived 3 weeks ago. I wasn't happy with the fact she came 3 months before baby is due, but I just want DH to be happy.

Since she arrived, at moments she's pushing me into following her ways. Also, she vomits everyday and told me she has gastritis. She told DH I'm lying and she's all good. She keeps eating things that make her sick, and walks around the house moaning and making a big drama.

This affects my husband a lot. He's so stressed and worried to the point he discharges his frustrations on me and we stopped feeling closer.

Also, she wants me to stay close to her the 24/7. If we go somewhere if I go to the restroom, she follows me. She never leaves me alone.

I stopped sleeping since about 4 days ago. When I think about her I start hyperventilating. She asks DH personal things about our relationship and she's become too nosy.

Yesterday he found me crying because I'm tired of her drama. I told him what I think. They had a fight and she started whining that if she's bothering me, she can go away. Of course, I'm the monster.

So my husband and I were arguing in our room last night. We weren't yelling or being violent. She stepped into our room. I was so angry I stormed out of the room. She invaded MY space without knocking.
She spoke with my husband. She defended me, yet she continued to enter our room through the night to see how I was doing. I kept her kicking her out of the room and DH refuses to lock the door "just in case"

I can't sleep. I feel she's coming into our room anytime. I can't cry or she'll ask me what's going on. I've told her twice that marriage problems are between husband and wife.
Still she hasn't stopped her drama, she can't leave m alone for 5 minutes. I feel I'm drowning and have no privacy in my own house. I can't watch my tv shows because she doesn't like them. If I want to go out she moans I'm leaving her alone and she doesn't want to go out.
There's no way she can stay at a hotel because we can't afford it. She didn't even bring a penny and she's considering staying until baby is about 6 months old.

I can't be alone with my husband, can't do anything. I cry everyday, I have to clean her mess, I can't sleep.

I dunno what to do. Any encouraging words would be appreciated! :flower:

Aw I'm so sorry you are going through this. :hugs: I'm thinking I would probably first try scheduling a sit down with all 3 of you and establishing MIL-free zones in the house so that she knows where she is not welcome and possibly MIL-free times of day so she knows when she is not welcome. If your husband is there and involved in the conversation she can't twist it. Then if that didn't work, I would probably threaten my hubby with staying at a friend's house until MIL was kicked out or at least followed the rules. 9 months is too long for a house guest, I would be upset too!

Thanks, Kiki! :hugs: problem is we already sat down to talk and she doesn't get it. :(

I would quite frankly sit down and tell your partner you want her to leave.

You married him not his mum!

Its your house as well so you should have a say who stays there. Its not working and you need your space. Imagine how bad its going to be when the babygets here!

I know quail! But what worries me is that this woman has not place to stay at! :nope:
As DH and I are not from here, we don't have anyone who can give her shelter nor we can afford a hotel and she didn't bring a penny :nope:

Thanks for your comments, girls! :flower:

Agree tell your husband she has to go - its not fair on you to be feeling this way in your own home!! Xxxx

oh gosh pola. Don't know what to say hun....I don't think i would have lasted as long as you have. coming 3 months before baby is due to just ridiculous...

If it's so bad it's affecting you health, then the baby is definitely at risk and something has to give...I'm sorry but at this point it is rightly selfish to say your health and the baby's are the most important thing.

Don't have any advice but sending you loads of hugs and praying things get better.

Pola that is just awful!! :hugs: what do you do with some one who wont listen :dohh: I think you do need a break so at least you can rest and sleep and have some personal space!!!! while she is in her room!!! go out now meet up with friend if you can and come home later you need some me space!!!

I am thinking of you :hugs: I wish I had better advice as well :flower:

Wow, that's a terrible situation! :hugs: Why can't she go back home sooner than after the baby is 6 months? You will go absolutely crazy by then.. Talk to your husband and let him know she has got to go soon, unless he wants to be the one spending every waking hour with her!

You poor thing! She needs to go, point blank. Be the monster, if that who she is making you out to be. As long as she is gone, who cares what she thinks? You need to take care of yourself and LO right now, and she is not healthy for either of you.

Thanks girls!!! :flower:

Like Celtic suggested, maybe I can find activities so I can be away from home as much as I can! :dohh:

It sounds like you don't need or want her in your life. If that is true, kick her ass out.

Thanks girls!!! :flower:

Like Celtic suggested, maybe I can find activities so I can be away from home as much as I can! :dohh:

hope you got a break out today :hugs: been thinking of you all day!! hey is there any groups she could go to may be!!! get her out of your hair as well may be!! but I guess from what you have been saying she wont go for that!!

Hope u got some time to yourself hunny!

I think you are sounding quite depressed now because its all built up and wound you up more! I am worried about you :( I really hope this can get sorted but it seems the only solution is for her to go which I know it's going to be hard almost impossible so I dont know how you can go about it :( I worry that you will get really depressed once baby is born cos your hormones will be stronger in that first few weeks and its so easy to feel quite low which I think is important to sort this before August!

You have always been so happy and excited and chatty that its sad to see you upset
:hugs:

Hope u got some time to yourself hunny!

I think you are sounding quite depressed now because its all built up and wound you up more! I am worried about you :( I really hope this can get sorted but it seems the only solution is for her to go which I know it's going to be hard almost impossible so I dont know how you can go about it :( I worry that you will get really depressed once baby is born cos your hormones will be stronger in that first few weeks and its so easy to feel quite low which I think is important to sort this before August!

You have always been so happy and excited and chatty that its sad to see you upset
:hugs:

I agree with you Scottish :flower: I am thinking the https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/hug1.gifsame

Thanks girls!!! :hugs:

And yes, never been this depressed. Maybe once baby is here, if she's still nosy, I'll take off my claws... I can see anger in my near future! :haha:

I really don't know what to suggest, but I am sending you a big hug.

Can you talk to a therapist? It really helped me.

Bar,

I was actually REALLY considering it!
As my insurance won´t cover therapy and we´re kinda tight on money now, if this depression persist, I think we´ll do the effort to get it!
It helped me while struggling with infertility, so I know letting it out HELPS A LOT!

:hugs: Thanks, chica!

If you ever wanna personal message me or even call on Skype - please do! I have a lot of experience with depression. Also, I am familiar with soviet mentality - which is quite different from the western one.

Pola-get out of the house for a few hours each day, if she complains just tell her to deal with it. You being this upset isn't good, and from what I have heard in my Bradley classes it will all come out without censoring during childbirth. If you can make it up to the states you can stay with me :haha:. If you need to talk feel free to PM me either here or on FB, sometimes just letting it out can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->