Depression Vacation?

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I am depressed. I don't know if that's clinically, but I really just feel very bad. My marriage isn't stellar, my family is being horrible, and I'm sad a lot. My husband thinks I need a vacation.

I have a friend who lives almost 1500 miles away and I don't fly. My husband thinks I should go visit. I would have to be gone for a week. My children are 6 years and 5 months old. I no longer breastfeed (I think that's part of what started the depression).

I am seeking counseling as well. I'm not simply running away from my problems. This particular friend is very very good at helping me pull myself together historically.

I said I would feel terribly guilty leaving my baby at home for that long without me. He will be here, and that's great. But I would miss him and most of all I'm afraid he would miss me too much. DH still insists it's a great idea but I'm unsure.

What do you think about taking a trip that long when your kids are that age? Please don't be mean. I really don't know about these things. Thanks.

Go ahead Hun. Kids will be fine! There's absolutely nothing wrong with needing some time away... Go for it and enjoy xx

I agree, go for it. Your children will be fine with your husband and in the long run if you're friend is good at talking and making you feel better then your family and children will benefit more. Take the time to relax and have some time away with no pressure and to concentrate on yourself.

I hope you're feeling better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->