Depression

krg431

1St time Pregnant
Reaction score
I suffer from depression and was on Lexapro 20mgs and I have been off my meds for over a year. Now that I am prego, I am more depress than ever. I have been sick for over a week and I have lost my appitite to eat anything. I know that this is not good for the baby. What should I do? The hollidays are so depressing for me. My sister died in Aug of this year in a car accident and my father passed away 18 years ago and well Christmas has not been the same since. I am also having marriage problems as well. So any suggestions? Who Can help me?

:baby:

I would strongly recommend seeing a psychiatrist and therapist to help you cope with everything you are going through. All medications carry some risk but Prozac has been used for many, many years during pregnancy, and quite safely, too.

hey girly.
i'm on the depressed side too lately. was diagnosed years ago as bipolar but havn't been on any meds for the past 3 years or so. for the past few weeks, i'm starting to feel like how i was a few years ago.

only suggestion i have for you is what i plan on doing myself, talking to my dr about it.

Hey,

I went through a low phase too... I suggest spending time every day to take care and focus on yourself - nice baths, small massages (if you ask nicely perhaps?), curling up with a book or a good movie. Let out your feelings with a good friend. Exercise is another great way to get those endorphins going. Diet can help too - just read up on it. Just remember it's not permanent - think of those good times ahead, envision where you want to be and focus on that *hugs*

I also suffer depression and rapid mood swings..currently on medication and seeing a thearapist to try an diagnose what i have(more than likely bi polor).when i found out i was pregnant my doctor told me to come of them..i did try 3 days later i was very ill,shaking,disorietated,scared and panicy.Went back to the doctors for a 2nd oppinion and was put back on my medication(even though it was more than likely they were withdrawel symptoms i was feeling).I know how hard it is dealing with the symptoms ofpregnancy and the rapid changes going on.all i can advise is see a thearpist whom will help you thru it.Stay away from any possible triggers that will affect and change your state of mind.Be around supportive people.and mostly dont feel your alone! theres a few people on here suffering,so theres always advice and people who understand.
hope you feel better soon honey..
take care
xxx

I am also shutting my husband out of everything, and it has gotten to the point where I don't know if I love him, and don't like to be touched in any way. I wasn't like this before we found out I was pregnant, but now that I am, I am concerned about it. Is this normal for first pregnancy? I don't want him to leave, just not touch me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->