depression?

mumof2girls

Reaction score
I had a blood test done last monday to check my thyroid and iron levels as I was experiencing hair loss and tiredness etc anyway the doctor just rang up to tell me that amazingly all is ok with my results and even he was convinced it was my thyroid! I then asked him what the problem could be and he began to ask me a series of questions. I broke down after only a couple because I realised he thinks im depressed, he then went on to say that I must be extremely stressed for my hair to fall out as much as it does. He asked very personal questions about money and my marriage and then asked about the children, my kids are really good its my step mids that are nightmares stealing from me and lying etc etc they make my life hell...... I wouldnt wish being me on anyone!

He has asked me to come in on monday morning and cleared a couple of appointments for me, he says im on the edge of a break down and he wants to see me to discuss medication! I am terrified I thought I was doing ok, I mean I kinda knew I was depressed but not to this extent I mean I just broke down hysterically crying on the phone! My husband doesnt know what to do/ say and my step daughter thinks its funny! What do I do now? I feel like giving up and walking away I have done everything I can for my step kids and given them 4 years of my life and still they behave no better and still treat me like something they stepped in, especially my step daughter whos 15 next week. I have posted here in the kids/ teen section about her and I have stuck by her so much but when is it time to quit? It would mean the end of my marriage though im so confused I really just dont know what to do!

ive no advice hun just wanted to give you:hugs:

what does your husband say about his kids? xx

sorry to hear you feel like that hun, what does your husband say? xx have you tried sitting down with the kids and asking them why they behave in that way? xx

Have literally tried everything with the kids I have been so patient and understanding but nothing works, we have talked, shouted, taken stuff away, got them counselling, treated them, spent time with them you name them we have done it, they dont see their real mum and its tough for them sometimes but I have tried my best and I really cant handle anymore of it.

My husband backs me up most of the time but occasionally he will row with me coz it seems like his kids are always naughty and my 4 year old is an angel..... I have never said shes an angel shes 4 and has an attitude etc but a lot of it is learned behaviour from my step daughter, I deal with Grace the same way I deal with his kids in the sense of taking away priviledges etc which works for Grace but seriously nothing works with his kids!

I have told him he is to take control of his 2 kids which I dont like to divide but I just cant handle it anymore and I will have no say in whatever and if it carries on I am going to leave. My doctor is really concerned about my health right now and I have 2 young kids to think about.

I feel awful to give up on them especially my step daughter because their own mum gave up and chose drugs and alcohol over them and I really didnt want 2 let them down but how much can I be expected to take? x

im no councillor but theyre probably taking their hurt and frustration over their real mum over out on you; its not fair, but i suppose theyve gone through a lot and havent had a good mum role model before you. theyre probably angry at the fact that youre a good mum, and their one isnt. its a tough one hun, i think if i was in your position id let them know that youre there if they need you, but youre not prepared to be traeted in this way anymore; let your dh discipline them. you need to look after yourself and you have 2 little ones too. is there any where you could go and stay for a bit? sounds like you need a rest xxx take care xx

:hugs: ive just read this post and now im really considering going to my GP tomorrow. Everything you have said about how you feel is exactly how im feeling right now but i keep pushing it to the back of my mind or that im being silly.

Extreme hair loss, no energy, feeling like i want to punch something, snapping constantly, episodes where i just break down crying. I have been through a lot of stress such as money issues, partner problems. I thought my hair loss was due to having my daughter eight months a go but im not so sure now. I feel like crap everyday. :cry:

How are you feeling now? Hope your ok. Sorry i just ranted on there but i just feel like i can relate to your post. Also sounds like you have a great gp, mines not so good but i hope he'll be able to find out whats wrong :dohh:

Hi just seen your message and would urge you to go the doctors, I went and he was so lovely! I feel a weight has been lifted, I have been given 50mg sertaline anti depressants which he will increase in 2 weeks to 100mg. He is also reffering me to a mental health nurse..... I said "Im not mad!!!" and he said I know but they are there to help and to talk im not sayin your mad so I was ok with it then. He said im severely depressed and have bad anxiety and if I dont get it sorted I will have a breakdown, he said he is amazed I havent already with all that I told him!

My husband is being very supportive, today was first day on medication and it will take a while yet, my step daughter knows the situation as doc said things need to change at home in order for me to get better properly and today my step daughter stole my 4 year old daughters ds and sold it at school!!! Im completely distraught and cant even speak to her, my 4 year old is gutted and I dont have £100 to replace it straight away but I will get her own very soon. I feel like shes trying to send me over the edge but she isnt going to win I have help now and ive told them how I all feel and finally have been honest with myself!! My doc thinks my step daughter has a personality disorder based on what ive told him which was only a fraction of whats really going on!

Please seek help as its not all that bad and remember your not mad you just need a little help, my doc says its caused my a chemical imbalance and they just need to put that balance right. Those symptoms can also be caused by thyroid and low iron levels too though but see you doctor explain how you feel and see what they say.

Let us know how u get on and im glad im not the only one out there who feels like this!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->