Depression

A

AppleBlossom

https://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/symptoms.htm

I had a look at these symptoms and I ticked off all but one of them (the very last one) I just wanted to know if anyone had suffered/is suffering from depression and how they are beating it/beat it. Or anyone that has general information or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to reply on here please pm me. Thank you x

Well I have been very down in the past, very low and I think it just passed in the end.. I tried to motivate myself to do small things (even a trip to the shops seemed impossible at one point). My brother encouraged me to go to London one day and I almost had a panic attack because we got split up and I was in the middle of a crowd of people.. thats when I realised enough was enough.

Go for a walk, write a list of whats bothering you, watch a happy film, do things you enjoy doing, MAKE yourself do anything that you're putting off, oh and try not to sleep too much!

Im sorry if my advice is not great.. but thats what I do when I get down now. I make myself do loads, then I feel good again.

I hope you are ok and maybe you can speak to your doctor if it's getting too much?

x

Thank you. I just feel like staying in bed. I don't want to go out because I'm scared I'll break down plus I don't want anyone to speak to me. I suppose I could start doing bits in the house and work my way up to going out

That sounds like a good start. Maybe you could even talk your little girl our in her pushchair, just you and her..?

Don't expect too much too soon, you're allowed to feel down sometimes so don't make yourself feel you're wrong or a bad mum or any of that.

:hugs:

https://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/symptoms.htm

I had a look at these symptoms and I ticked off all but one of them (the very last one) I just wanted to know if anyone had suffered/is suffering from depression and how they are beating it/beat it. Or anyone that has general information or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to reply on here please pm me. Thank you x

Hi hun, sorry you seem to be suffering from depression. :hugs:I've suffered from depression for many years and was hospitalized for it. I was in therapy for many years (stopped about 2 or 3 years ago) and am on Prozac. Prozac has worked WONDERS for me! I was on many different meds before finally finding the one that worked best for me.

If you want to talk, please feel free to PM me. :hugs:

I have manic depression but I refuse to take meds for it because of a bad experience when first diagnosed, I mean realistically I think most people suffer from depression at some point and time their life. I have bad days where I could seriously curl up in a ball and just stare at nothing all day, but I don't have that choice. It sucks and some days I have to actually push myself to even get out of bed, but usually I feel better after I start my routine. The key is to block out bad thoughts...just think of happy thoughts(corny sounding I know, but its true). Go buy yourself something nice, a new shirt, a new purse, retail therapy is actually quite calming in moderation. If all else fails, maybe talking to health professional could help. Get out, meet new people, I'm not sure if you have a spouse or partner, but I know my OH has been a very important factor in me fighting my depression, he can tell when my mood starts to fall and he does whatever he can to calm me down and does whatever he can to make me smile. I mean somedays are quite bad where nothing makes me happy, but I know the sad feeling is only temporary and there are always better days ahead. I wish you good luck in fighting your depression, it's certainly a hard thing to understand, especially for those who don't have it or are new to this sad feeling. But you'll get better with time!

Hello!

I'm sorry you have depression :( I've had it now for 3 years. It's much better now, but I still have a way to go. I'm on a drug called citalopram which helps to ease it, and also I'm having acupuncture.

Make sure you getting a good diet (take a woman's supplement), try and exercise and eat healthy.

I get the same thing where I just want to stay away from people. It DOES get better! And there are always meds/counselling if you wish to take it!

I suffered for 2 years with depression hun and i know how awful it can make you feel. It all depends what your trigger has been, mine was the death of my nan mixed with a bad experience at college.
I felt like i would never be happy again, became very closed in, would sleep for nearly all of the day, would not talk about any of it to anyone. I found concilling wasn't working particually because i hated being out of the house.
You need to find what you are comfortable doing, work at becoming really comfortable with that, take things one step at a time. It takes months and sometimes even years for you to become depressed so it may take a while for it to pass too.
My advice would be when you feel ready, talk your feelings through with a doctor, i was on anti depressants until june 2008 when i fell pregnant and i think they did work whilst i was at my lowest but no necissarily in the latter stages.
I really hope that you can find happiness soon and that everything gets better for you hun xxxxxx

Hi, I have struggeled with depression since I was about 12. Last year I was hospitalized after a depressive episode and spent several weeks in a psych ward. After trying heaps and heaps of different medications, I realized the side effects were not worth the results and I'd end up on medicines to counteract the side effects and it was just a mess.
I beat it through concentrating on myself... Medication only ever made it worse. I kind fo just decided I wasnt going to let myself be labeled with an illness and spent alot of time alone deciding what I want.
Having said all this, I don't have children and I'm only 19.

i have suffered with depression for many years and never took anything for it, up until recently when the midwife prescribe me Fluoxetine, as the pregnancy hormones made me 100% worse than i have ever felt, but touch wood since i have been taking them regulary im feeling tons better, and this is the safest med to take whilst pregnant or ttc...ur not on your own...please do not leave it to get worse. depression is a chemical inbalance in your brain which will never go away unless you take the prescribed med!

My brother is a manic depressive/bipolar disorder and to see how he was without medication was terrible...depression is something that cannot be cured with out medication.

i hope u start to feel ok soon...

love me.

xxxxxxx

I've been through some incredibly terrible stuff. I've been told to write a book about it, seriously. And I get through with the support of my wonderful love, who I know will be an amazing father. If it weren't for him, I'd seriously crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->