Depro Contraceptive Injction *Updated*

littlelady

Reaction score
Hi just wandering if any of you ladies have had this? i am due my 5th dose in a few weeks time but im re considering having it as we are WTT soon hopefully wanting to be pregnant at the end of the year

so i heard it can take upto a year for things to return to normal to be able to become pregnant?

any ladies out there if you could please help me how long did it take for you to get pregnant after the depro injections and when did things return to normal eg your periods?

thankyou x

it took me 15 months to get my first period after i came of depo hun, it took in total 4 years for me to get regular ish cycles

good luck hun

Lou
xxx

:( doesnt sound good for me then im really considering just going for the appointment still as i only made it today and just explaining to the nurse we are WTT sometime this year so i would like to come off it everything i have read and heard is bad about it they never told me any of this when i first had it stupid doctors gggggggrrrrr

Thanks for your answer hun x x x

could you maybe have the implant instead, i dont know much about it to be honest so can give you any advice but im sure you can concieve straight after it is removed!
after the trouble i had with depo i wouldnt ever recommend it to anyone and like you it probably wasnt till my second jab that i was told it could take a year to return, i think everything with me may have been hindered with my weight being high but i lost weight and cycles shortened and i got my BFP

Lou
xxx

I am overweight hun only by 1 stone but still im overweight i had the implant before i fell pregnant with leeon had it removed didnt agree with me at all and 6 months later fell pregnant with leeon wouldnt ever have it again i think i will come off depro and just use condoms and becareful until were ready to try if hopefully it happens

Thankyou for your advice hun didnt think id get any repliesx x x

I was on depo and dont recommend it , even thought its different for everybody It almost killed me ..I was on it for 2 years and thats when I started getting sick , I had no energy, pale and looking sick ..about a month later I was cooking food and felt light headed and all I remember is waking up with a tube down my throat ..I was in a coma for 1 week before I woke up ..the dr's said the depo had caused blood clots in my brain and I would have been dead if my husband was not there to see me fall ..

I will never know how much damage the clots did to my brain but i know i dont feel like i used to ..Im always tired now :( the other down side that effects me still to this day is Depo ruined over 20% of my ovaries and thats why it took me almost 4 years to conceive maxim , before him I tired and tried and lost 4 babies doing so ..

I was on depo and dont recommend it , even thought its different for everybody It almost killed me ..I was on it for 2 years and thats when I started getting sick , I had no energy, pale and looking sick ..about a month later I was cooking food and felt light headed and all I remember is waking up with a tube down my throat ..I was in a coma for 1 week before I woke up ..the dr's said the depo had caused blood clots in my brain and I would have been dead if my husband was not there to see me fall ..

I will never know how much damage the clots did to my brain but i know i dont feel like i used to ..Im always tired now :( the other down side that effects me still to this day is Depo ruined over 20% of my ovaries and thats why it took me almost 4 years to conceive maxim , before him I tired and tried and lost 4 babies doing so ..

WOW hun im sorry to hear all the trouble it caused for you...i have problems with it myself but nothing was explained to me when i went for it my appointment is 27th feb so will let you know how it goes :)€

I had one injection of depo and didnt have a normal cycle for 11months

I'd never recommend it to anyone

If you WTT, I'd go for either the pill or just condoms hun

I wasnt ttc after depo but it took me about 10 months to get my periods back

i havent had it personally but know a few peopl who have and it took a good couple of years for their body to resume to normal and to fall pregnant....xxxx

Thanks ladies for all your replies doesnt sound good :(

I was on Depo for about 14 years when we decided to ttc, I had my last inj April 07, my periods returned about 3-4 months later, then I fell pregnant November 08.

I am hoping to go back on it after baby is born, it suited me down to the ground.

Good luck on your journey

Hugs

xx

Wow thats very good hun when i am due my injection i have once had a period when it was due so i am hoping the same happens this time round when i dont actually have it x x x x thanks ladies

I was on it for 3 years, I decided to come off because I couldn't control my weight gain. The weight problem sorted itself straight away. It took about 2 months to have my first period but my cycles were horrendous for years (10 days on, 7 days off) , luckily I wasn't TTC at the time. Tried so many different pills but cerazette was the one that worked best for me, everything else had horrible side effects. I came off cerazette last year and got my bfp after 2 cycles.
Personally if you're intending to TTC later this year I would get off depo now and give your body as much time to settle as poss x

well yeah im planning on just coming off depro now hun and giving my body a little break till end of year weight is also a problem for me x

Hi hun i was on the injection befoe having kieran i had my last one in the febuary, and i was pregnant in the september. it didnt take long for me x x

Hi hun i was on the injection befoe having kieran i had my last one in the febuary, and i was pregnant in the september. it didnt take long for me x x

that is my plan hun its due 27th feb n was hoping to be pregnant sept this year anyway thanks hun x

i think its a really good contraceptive if you don,t want any more kids , i was on this it took me 26 months to concieve with jack after coming off it , im considering going bk on it as jack is my 4th & ive had 4 c sections so defintley won,t be having any more . xx

aww i have been on it about 12 months now dues my 5th injection on friday i had c section with leeon too but i do want another child x

Went today to see the nurse about my injection all was ok i cam away with cerazzette pill which is what i was on before i had leeon so i think il wait till i get 1st period before starting it x

thanks for all your help ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->