describe the best ever night nappy

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
i want to make a few night nappies for leyla but i dont know where to start, i was thinking of getting some bamboo, maybe one layer bamboo, one layer hemp underneath, then a booster made in the same way, few layers of hemp then few layers of bamboo on top, probably a layer of fleece to keep her bum dry, then a wrap over the top, but ive never made a night nappy before, ive made fitted nappies before but ive never made one that could last 12+ hours

if you could make the perfect night nappy, what would you put in it and why?

x

I'm not good as far as making them but some of my favorites have had bamboo and zorb in them...but bamboo is my favorite :)

:) thanks hun, the only problem ive heard with it is that it takes ages to dry so dont want to pad it too much with bamboo, was thinking just the one layer then make a few thick boosters which can be left to dry for a few days

x

I leave my Tots Bots out to air dry and they're usually mostly dry in 24 hours. I have a few just so that I always have one available for night in between diaper laundry days. I do have a tumble dryer, but I don't really like to dry some of my more delicate stuff, so I just find a sunny window, wash them up first thing in the morning on diaper day and let them sit. I just find that the bamboo just holds so much in and I'm not afraid of leaks. I put a fleece liner in, and even though the diaper is pretty heavy, she's not wet.

I would say the perfect nighttime diaper for me would be ultra comfy and soft since they're in it to sleep, and it would definitely have fleece on the inside to wick away the moisture.

How lucky are you that you can make your own diapers?? I'm pretty crafty, but trying to sew just makes me angry! Lol..I wish I had someone to show me!

maybe i should make it an all in one and put something like velour on the outside?

x

What about fleece on the outside? I love fleece over my fitteds...my favorite. I haven't had trouble with bamboo taking a long time to dry..but I do use a dryer

all of my day nappies have fleece on and i dont know, im getting a bit bored lol, fancy something a bit snugglier

x

Oooh I see haha. We used fleece pants and such over them, didn't have any with it actually on the diaper

the ones i make are fleece inner and fleece outer, i do have some that are terry nappy inner and fleece outer but i prefer the fleece inside, will deffo be keeping that, but velour is more strokeable haha, i might even get some minkee, that looks gorgeous!!

x

I would say a good fleece on the inside as I always add a fleece liner to the pop-ins because they can be a bit rough - especially as we don't tumble dry. If you are worried about the drying time, maybe make it a night time sort of 'all in two' pocket?? Pad up the nappy itself with quick drying but absorbant fabrics, and then make a pocket in it out of fleece to stuff in a bigger bamboo/hemp/whatever booster??

Like I said before...I'm not very crafty so I have no idea if this would work!! xx

so i could basically use the nappies i have and just make a bamboo booster?

x

I suppose yeh...I think you should have no trouble overnight if you make a chunky bamboo soaker...it just absorbs in such as way that it sort of gets wetter and wetter, but the liquid never overflows and turns to actual liquid if that makes sense :wacko: it all seems to sit lovely inside the bamboo, and the fleece inner would keep her bum lovely and dry. Only thing I would say (though I'm sure you know this) is that it takes a good 5 or so washes to get to full absorbancy. We used the pop-ins in the daytime for a few washes first so they built up the absorbancy and I learnt to trust them :blush:

haha must be, well im glad u told me that cos im getting some bamboo and id have been thinking its rubbish lmao

x

I have bamboo doublers, too. I actually put one inside of my Tots Bots and it's fantastic! My Tots actually reccommend 10 washes before they are at full absorbancy. I did a few before she wore them, and then have just built up to the 10 over time. I have noticed a big difference in how they absorb and where. I started to notice that instead of getting wet all over, the liquid was staying more contained in the bottom of the diaper, because I assume that after my washes it could hold more in one area without spreading, if that makes sense..?
With my fleece liner, it's perfect. I love them!

I'm sure I read that my BG AIOs are at their most absorbant after 18 washes! Seems like a lot...

I always used bamboo in my Little Lambs, it was very good.

i totally agree about the bamboo - i'm gonna have a bash with making a few nappies and i plan on using bamboo for the soaker bamboo velour on the inside and a pul/minkee outer :)

i'm sure they wont be anywhere as good as yours are tho!!

sara

sxxxxxxxxxx

Fleece against the botty is a must :)

Ha ha, I didn't realise it would take quite so many washes so get absorbancy with the pop-in, maybe I won't sell it yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->