Desperate for advice?! Please read! LONG.

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
So here's my story, Last thursday I got several BFP's followed by several negatives, I was shocked and couldn't believe it. A few days later I started spotting and feared the worst as I already had a miscarriage. I spotted for 3 days all in all and the 2nd day was the 'heaviest' which amounted to a few clots the size of a apple seed. By the third day it had turned into brown discharge and slowly faded away into nothing and I haven't had anymore spotting since. A few days later my boobs started getting darker, Veiny'er ( If that's even a word) and started hurting. I knew then I was still pregnant and most defiantly pregnant. Each day the pain in my boobs have been getting more painful and enlarged. Well last night I had bad cramping so I went to A&E. They took a blood pregnancy test and a urine one. Both came back negative?!?! I'm in shock I simply do not and cannot believe it! My boobs ONLY ever get like this when i'm pregnant i'm not one of these people who gets it before AF. He basically said they don't know what's causing the cramping and that i'm not pregnant so sent me home. He did mention it could be withdrawals from the depo which REALLY annoyed me because I told him iv'e had my periods since then and ovulated and my cycles are average-ish and iv'e had the withdrawals and yes it does trick your body into feeling pregnant but my boobs didn't do any of this and deep down I KNOW i'm pregnant. I'm at a loss and don't know what to do or where to go. Anyone with experience of this situation? What would you do? x x x

I have absolute zero knowledge on this situation but the onlu thing I can think of and I might be totally wrong is maybe you were pregnant with twins and possibly miscarried one. Your hormone levels might not be high enough to read yet or maybe you miscarried but fell pregnant again straight away but then hormone levels are not high enough yet for a positive reading. Again Im not a doctor its just my opinion.
Good luck xx

I think the best thing you can do is wait a week and try again. I know its not much help right now but its all you can do.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I'd say you're not pregnant if the bloods came up negative--unless they use a higher threshold. Could you find out what hCG number is considered negative? Could they have gotten your results mixed up with another patients?

Can you call your doctor, and ask him/her to run more bloods?

Could have been a chemical pregnancy...if your still feeling pregnant in like a week retest. If you are pregnant right now waiting won't hurt anything.

Thank you all for your advice, I'm just desprate as its really messing with my head :/ x x

If the blood test is coming up negative I'd say it was probably a m/c and sometimes your body takes longer to realize the loss. I had 2 missed m/c and I still felt completely pregnant for weeks past the time my babies stopped growing.

I agree with pp, wait a week, see how you feel. If you are still having symptoms test again then.

Good luck Hun!

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing unfortunately--a very early loss, or a phantom pregnancy (but I don't know much about them). Do you feel very sure that you are pregnant hon, b/c negative bloods usually mean not pregnant.

My best guess would be a chemical pregnancy and maybe your hormones aren't completely back to normal so you're getting "pregnancy" symptoms?

I had a negative blood test three days later the hpt still said positive and I'm now 28weeks pregnant!!

My gut instinct did not believe the blood test! X

Some people don't have hcg in their blood while pregnant, so it is a slight possibility.

On the other hand, I know when I had my chemical, my boobs and nipples were sore for a few weeks after and I also felt nauseous for a few weeks as well. As hard as it is to wait it out, it's really your only option. If you don't get your period at the right time take another test and perhaps demand an ultrasound, because at that time they would be able to determine or rule out pregnancy.

The only other thing I can think of is ectopic, which may not be a bad idea to get checked out as well...

Sorry you are going through this :( :hugs:

Sorry for what you are going through as I went through sort of the same thing. Had pos. home test then blood same day showed HCG at 25 which is low but confirmed. 2 days later I was bleeding bad cramps, HCG dropped to 12 doc told me it was a CP. We tried again after I stopped bleeding and spotted mid cycle (implantation?) my doc told me the first was a vanishing twin. (Honestly, the doc has no clue, I'm switching, new doc appt next week). So this went for 6 weeks of HCG testing watching my numbers rise but not double like they should. Nothing ever found on U/S. Numbers started dropping on their own and I had a D&C on June 7th and then had to have methatrexate injection June 10th as I was told "they didn't find any pregnancy tissue in my uterus, it must be in your tube". All BS, but this is what it could be for you too I guess. I left it in God's hands and prayed that if it wasn't going to be a healthy pregnancy to stop it before I heard a heart beat. I still felt pregnant (and it was my first preg) for weeks until I got AF this past Monday (thought it would never come). But, we are looking forward to start trying again. Good luck.

I was on depo a few years ago and it can definitley trick you into thinking you are pregnant. I only took the shot twice and I bled like a dying animal and my breast were bigger and tender. Google other stories about that depo shot....It made me emotional too

I'd say you've either had a chemical pregnancy or a very early pregnancy loss. Blood loss with clots would indicate towards the early loss rather than a chemical. It can take a while for your body to realise what has happened and stop being cruel to you. I'd give it 2 weeks and re-test. Bloody tests threshold is normally 10-12.

I agree with the other posters that this was an early loss. In the time I spent in the loss section of the forum during and after my miscarriage I read lots of posts at delayed symptoms following a loss, posters often commented, "my body is so cruel, I feel more pregnant now than before my loss" I think just as every pregnancy is different, every loss is too, you won't necessarily always get the same symptoms during or after a loss and your body may be reacting differently this time. The surging hormones leaving your body could have easily caused the symptoms you've described. When I had my misscarriage it took months for my body to get back to normal, and even after my baby had passed and I was waiting to miscarry my morning sickness worsened. If this is the case, I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a blood test at the docs 3 weeks ago and it was negative, did a pregnancy yet 2 weeks ago and it was positive! Wait for AF and if it doesn't show test x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->