Desperately TTC; Need advice during this TWW

TryTryAgainn

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm in desperate need of advice. I was on Depo for 9 months and recently stopped in January. I have not had time to figure out my period cycle since stopping. I have had one period since stopping and it started January 29 and ended February 4. Before the shot I had a short, 24 day cycle, so I would ovulate right after my period ended. Assuming it has stayed the same, I should have ovulated right after that period as well. As me and my husband are trying to concieve, we did what couples are trying to concieve do during that time. It is now a week and a half later and I am feeling nausea, bloated, breast tenderness, and slight cramping. I have never had these symptoms before and I just feel completely off. I would suspect that these are early pregnancy symptoms, but I had three days worth of bleeding. It was fairly light (about a pad's worth a day) and it has now stopped, but I am still feeling these pregnancy symptoms or what I assume are pregnancy symptoms. I assume it's too early for a pregnancy test since I assume I'm only about a week and a half since conception so I'm in desperate need of advice. What do y'all think could be going on? Is it irregular bleeding from the shot? Heavy mplantation bleeding? Am I even pregnant? I've never felt these symptoms before and everyone keeps telling me it's likely I'm pregnant, but I don't understand how I could be. PLEASE, ALL ADVICE is needed. Thank you all!

I recommend tracking your fertility rather than just guessing based off of possible cycle length! OPKs are a great and inexpensive place to start, but you can also get into temping and tracking other fertility signs (your cervix, CM, etc.)

Implantation can occur 6-12 days from the date of ovulation, and it can take a couple of days after that before there is enough hcg in the system to get a positive on a HPT.

I recommend tracking your fertility rather than just guessing based off of possible cycle length! OPKs are a great and inexpensive place to start, but you can also get into temping and tracking other fertility signs (your cervix, CM, etc.)

Implantation can occur 6-12 days from the date of ovulation, and it can take a couple of days after that before there is enough hcg in the system to get a positive on a HPT.

I actually have been tracking my fertility using the "Ovia" app, but seeing as I've only been off the shot for about a month and have only had one period I haven't had much to track. It said I was fertile February 5-10 so we DTD every day during that period and now I am having these symptoms. I don't know what is going on since I have had bleeding, it seemed quite heavy for just IB but Im not sure. I'm still having all the symptoms and I believe it is too early for a test. My tracker says I should start my next period on the 22, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'm just nervous and don't know what to think about the bleeding.

I'm not familiar with Ovia. Does it estimate ovulation based on LMP, or does it utilize any of the other fertility signs?

It goes off of LMP, but if you enter all your symptoms, cervical position, CM, BBT, and all that stuff and it will adjust it based on that usually.

Ah, okay. LMP can be horribly inaccurate, so it's always a good idea to track other signs, as well. I started with OPKs, which were definitely helpful, but have since branched out to to other things. (Temping is fun because you have the potential to "see" when the egg implants!)

If it thinks you were fertile up until the 10th, it probably things you ovulated the 10th or 11th, putting you at 6-7dpo, which is too early for testing, and likely too soon for implantation, so your symptoms are unlikely to be pregnancy symptoms (and the bleeding would also be unlikely to be implantation bleeding). The 22nd of this month will put you at 11-12dpo, which isn't a bad time to start testing, though remember that implantation can occur as late as 12dpo, so you could still get a negative and wind up pregnant later (just something to bear in mind).

If you haven't done so already, cheap HPTs are a godsend and are worth the very minor investment (I buy 50-packs of Wondfos for about $18).

Ok, I understand what you're saying. Could it be possible for the egg to still implant (if I am pregnant) even after the three days of light bleeding? That's where my main confusion lies.

Yes, it is still possible, although the likelihood of a successful implantation may drop under those circumstances.

That's what I was concerned about. I'm still hoping though. Thank you!

Yep, as long as it is possible, don't give up hope! :) It's not over until the witch arrives.

Yep, as long as it is possible, don't give up hope! :) It's not over until the witch arrives.

Ok Dill, I have some good questions. I just started thinking about them now that I'm not so worried about the previous bleeding. I had quite a bit of CM Tuesday and I noticed it had some brown in it. I have also had quite a bit of CM today, more than usual. Could the brown in the CM have been implantation bleeding?? I checked my app and it said I should have ovulated on the 8th which would have made Tuesday 9dpo. I may just be being hopeful, but I'm going crazy! Lol. I have also been feeling "off" the past few days. I don't know how to explain it, but it's just a strange feeling. Please let me know your opinion on these matters. I really appreciate everything you have told me thus far. :)

If you had a little spotting at 9dpo, it could have been implantation bleeding, yes. :) It's really difficult to pin anything down, though, because we truthfully have no idea when you really ovulated this cycle. It's all guesswork, at this point. But if you think you may have implanted on Tuesday, then you may have enough hCG in your system to get a positive on Thursday!

I really hope so, but I'm not going to let my self get too excited, since like you said there is not much to go on this cycle. But I'm planning on testing tomorrow morning, so we'll see! :)

Eagerly awaiting your results!

One more question lol.. My breasts aren't too terribly tender like everyone claims they should be if I was pregnant, but my nipples are quite more sensitive than usual! Is that normal? even though my breasts aren't hurting, is there still a chance? Sorry for all the questions, this is our first month TTC and I'm eager and very new to all this..

While a common pregnancy symptom, most doctors don't consider them to truly be pregnancy symptoms until well into the first trimester (minimum 6 weeks or so), and plenty of women have no symptoms at all, or very few. What causes "pms" type symptoms during the luteal phase is also one of the hormones that causes pregnancy symptoms, so it's likely too early to tell, anyway! I've always been one to have a plethora of early pregnancy symptoms before the 6-week mark, but whether it's all truly pregnancy signs or just a "strong ovulation" is up to debate.

Long story short, the sensitive nips could be a sign, but it could be normal hormonal fluctuation for this part of your cycle (blame progesterone)!

Okay, sounds good to me. I will let you know my test result in the morning!

Well, I took an FRER with my FMU this morning (11dpo) and it was a BFN. /: So, I'm going to wait until Sunday when AF is supposed to arrive and if she hasn't then I'll test again that day. I hope I'm not out, but I'm pretty sure I am. /:

Not out until the witch arrives! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sunday brings your BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->