Determining "O" date after BCPs

Jewels

Wife & Aussie Mommy!
Reaction score
Ok girls, I need to pick your brains on this. If you were going to be stopping BCPs, what method would you use to determine when / if you're ovulating?

I was thinking that since my cycles were generally pretty regular at 28 days before I went on BCPs, that I was just going to start checking CM at around CD10 forward and hope for the best, however I don't know how accurate that's going to be fresh off birth control.

I also thought of using the OPKs, but if I was going to do that I'd rather just spend the money and get a CBFM.

I want to try to make TTC as non-invasive as possible, but I want to know when I'm ovulating also!

Appreciate your input! :hugs:

I have just come off the BCP and I wasn't regular before the pill... so I'm temping incase they are longer and its for my peace of mind to know that my body is relatively normal

I would temp for a month, use the free version of Fertility Friend to track it and get an idea of cycle length and O date. Next month start using an OPK two or three days before expected O date and see if it shows a positive when expected. By month three you should see if you have a pattern and if you even need to continue temping and charting. If you aren't showing a regular pattern then think about spending the money on a cbfm.

This way it's hopefully two cycles of temping and then you should have a good idea - minimal focus on ttc and maximum focus on having fun x

Thanks girls, I will definitely look into getting a good basal thermometer. :hugs:

this is the same stage i'm at.. just having first period after pill. I'd tried temping when trying for jacob and i was hopless. I'm going to use OPK this time around. So over the next 3 months i should notice a pattern. When are you planning to start trying? my cycle should be 28 days long (it was last time i was off the pill) maybe we'll be trying together!

h x

this is the same stage i'm at.. just having first period after pill. I'd tried temping when trying for jacob and i was hopless. I'm going to use OPK this time around. So over the next 3 months i should notice a pattern. When are you planning to start trying? my cycle should be 28 days long (it was last time i was off the pill) maybe we'll be trying together!

h x

Ooh exciting! Good luck! :dust:

I'm not far behind! We will be starting to try after I finish my pill pack & withdrawal bleed which should come around 8/13. I've thought about temping, but I don't really know how accurate it is.. I guess I'd rather POAS rather than temping every morning and trying to analyze the temps. I guess I want to use the easiest way possible. :rofl:

Maybe I should just get some cheapie OPKs and see how they work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->