Devastated and can´t celibrate

bke

Reaction score
Hi girls.

I´ve been ttc and doing everything right for few months. Yesterday a was supposed to start my period and I took a hpt which came out negative. I started having period pains and expected evil aunt flo to arrive at any moment. I had 3 glasses of wine (almost a whole bottle!) yesterday evening while out with my friends only to find out this morning (when I still hadnt had my period) that I actually seem to be pregnant, there is a obvious line on few hpt´s.

I just cant believe this happened! I almost never drink alcohol and THIS had to be the time?!! :nope: I am actually a bit hung over clenching a positive hpt. I´s horrible! :cry:

Its 12 days since ovulation. Do you guys know if alcohol can affect the fetus so early?? I feel so bad when I should be happy. :cry:

Don't worry that happened to me. Everything will be fine. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and everything is going ok. The alcohol will have no effect at such an early stage.

Don't worry honey... you'll be fine. A lot of ladies don't even know they are pregnant for weeks and still go out until they realise.

A bottle of wine isn't that much anyway compared to what I can sink on a night out :blush:

Just relax, don't feel guilty, and enjoy your bfp! Congratulations!!!! :happydance: :wohoo: :yipee:

im sorry i had to giggle.. i didnt no i was pregnant and was 5 weeks and i got completly hammered. had the hangover from hell but baby is fine.
please dont panic you be fine :)

Awww bless ya. No, it hasnt affected your fetus, you will be fine! Some people are drinking and smoking until 12-16 weeks etc until they even find out theyre pregnant! My friend was 13 weeks and she had been abroad on an alcohol and smoking binge and dancing till 3am with her husband, so I wouldnt worry too much! You can still drink a couple of small glasses of wine during pregnancy too if you so want and you will be fine. Some people choose to and some dont. Its personal choice.
X

:hugs: don't worry. One of my best friends got wasted on my hen do and then again at my wedding the week after (literally never seen anyone so drunk without them throwing up). She found out she was 6 weeks gone the week after and now has a healthy baby girl. Just abstain from now on xxx or have the odd glass if you fancy it. I'm pretty sure your blood supply doesn't connect with baby until 6 weeks+

I know it stinks but no worries, love, it happens to a lot of people - as others above me have said. I've read and been told by so many people that so many women (especially those who may not necessarily be TTC) don't know they're PG until they're much further along, and they don't make many, if any, lifestyle changes for it in the beginning. I'm sure it's a crappy feeling, but I have no doubt you'll be fine. :) <3 Congrats!!

It seems to always happen like this! I think your baby be fine. It will be a one off and I am sure all will be ok. Your allowed a bit to drink during pregnancy anyway so I think a one off wont harm the baby.

Congrats :D

Dont worry i was hungover when i got my bfp too i ended up with the worst anxious hangover i ate loads of fruit and veg and drank a gallon of peppermint tea. The guidelines about alchohol are vastly over the top. I dont believe the hype. Your baby will b safely in the thick lining of your womb and i doubt at this stage if the placenta is formed enough to transfer any wine across. I also think that your body is amazing at filtering out toxins. U wud have to be an alcoholic to give your baby fetal syndrome. I drink one glass of wine (small) 3 times a week when im pg and i have 2 perfect dd's . Government guidlines say drink none but they have to say that to cover themselves. Its personal choice of course as lots of women prefer to stay t total. X

:hugs: congrats. try not to worry. i did a test on 25th june last year (my birthday) it was negative so went out and had 4glasses of wine and a baileys. Af didnt arrive so did a test on 27june which was BFP. I was gutted that i drank all that. My DD is 15weeks old now and she is fine. Dont worry xx

Hunni, I found out very early (about 8-9dpo) but it wasn't a planned pregnancy as I was on the pill and had been out at a huge party on the night before I got my BFP. I have obviously cut out all alcohol now and have since had two healthy scans- my doctor reassured me that the alcohol won't have harmed my baby.

Try not to worry, good luck!!

xx

Oh hun dont worry about it, i found out i was pregnant on the Wednesday but on the Monday i had an all day session with my friends, gawd knows how many glasses of wine i had but i was rough as a robbers dog the next day!! I mentioned this to my doctor and she said not to worry, it happens to a lot of women and as long as youre not drinking after you get your bfp then theres no problem!! I had an early scan at 6weeks and everything was as it should be, so put it out of your mind, weve all been there, youre not the only one, so get celebrating, youre pregnant!!! Be happy!!:hugs:

xxxxxx

Please please dont worry yourself about this. I know you feel rubbish but my goodness the amount of people who do things they shouldnt before finding out they are pregnant. Both mine have been happy surprises and coincidentally I have been on a big night out before finding out both times and drank copious amounts of alcohol! Obviously I cant say for definite that nothing would happen but the chances are extremely low so try and relax and enjoy your BFP...congratulation!

xxx

Congratulations!

I did the same, had a wedding on 30th April and didn't 'feel pregnant' and it was only our 3rd week of trying so didn't think I would be either, so happily enjoyed the wine flowing throughout the day. DH doesn't drink wine so I was having his share too.....only to find out 2 weeks later I was in fact pregnant! Oops.
Have had an early scan and so far all seems ok. I really don't think that amount would effect your baby so don't worry. X

aww dont worry hun. I went out last Friday night (first night in ages) and got completely plastered on the vodka (it doesnt take much for me to get drink). I crawled in at 2.10am and fell on OH whilst he was fast asleep, then Tuesday found out i was pregnant!!!!

xx

don't worry hun, tons of women carry on drinking smoking etc because they didn't realise they were pregnant. this one off won't have done any harm, i promise, you're not a bad person either.

massive congratulations on your lil bean honey! :flower:

Thank you all for cheering me up. :hugs:

I feel much better even though I wish I would have waited with the drinking for my period to show up. Nothing I can do about it now so better just enjoy my bfp! :happydance:

hun i got absolutely wasted one night, not knowing i was preggo and they are both fine xxxxxx

I drank for the first time in months the day before I found out I was pregnant. It's okay, though. As long as you stop drinking the moment you find out, you'll be just fine.

Don't worry, you will be fine. I actually had 5 glasses of wine a week before I found out, and when I told my doctor last week she said it is fine, not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->