Devastated and left with tons of questions...

1timemomma

Reaction score
So... where do I start...

This was my first month charting and I'm glad I did it but it also made me a bit crazy the whole month. I normally have a 26 day cycle and never longer then 28. I assumed I must be Oing early, around cycle day 11-13. As the days went on my temps still weren't rising I started getting scared maybe I wouldn't at all and then finally they went up. FF said I O'ed on cycle day 18. Knowing that I normally have 26 day cycles I got worried my lp would be much too short or I had been so anxious to see my temp rise I had delayed ovulation... I was hoping for the latter.

Yesterday was 10dpo and I didn't seem to be having any of my normal AF signs... my breasts weren't sore at all and they normally feel like hell 4-7 days before AF and I don't really have any cramps.

But as of this morning my temp dropped way down to my coverline and it appears AF is here. :cry: I normally get a pretty full flow when I start and this time I would say its light, of course I'm assuming it will pick up and I will have my AF as normal.

I've already made an appt with my OB but I can't get in for 2 weeks. So I'm hoping you ladies might be able to ease my mind a bit or have some knowledge.

My questions basically are-

1. Is my LP too short? Is this why I haven't gotten preg yet? Can I make it longer with out meds?

2. Why didn't my bbs get sore this month? Was this month just wacky? Does no sore bbs=low progesterone=short lp?

3.Would a nightly glass (sometimes two) of wine effect my lp/fertility?

Other facts about me-
26 years old, very active and fit, organic foodie, daily green juice drinker, clean eating 98% of the time, taking pre natal & fish oil

DH-
28 years old, very active and fit, cleaning eating 85% of the time, takes a mens one a day

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/419161/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

The more positive outlook:
It might not be af yet. Since you are only 11 dpo and af is lighter than usual so far it could be implantation. It normally happens 7-10 dpo, but it happens earlier and later than that for many women.

If af does come (I hope not!!):
FF considers a normal luteal phase length to be from 10 to 16 days. 10 is on the short side, but there are lots of women who still get pregnant! If you do notice several cycles pass with well timed bd and no conception then you should see a doctor. There are things you can take to make your luteal phase longer. There are natural things women can take as well. Women talk about some of those things here and I'm sure your doctor could tell you as well. It can be fixed if that is the problem. But-it may not be an issue at all.

I'm not sure why you didn't get the normal symptoms. Drinking can affect your temperatures sometimes. If you notice a strange temperature after a night of drinking, the wine may be the cause.

Side note:
I notice you have dotted cross hairs. I assume it is because you marked W cm on days that do not correspond to the temp shift that FF found. Do you have it set on "advanced"? (That's the detection you're using, it's under "chart settings" tab at the top.) If so, switch it to "FAM" and see if that changes your ovulation date. Sometimes "FAM" picks up on other signs/info you put into the system. See if it gives you the same ovulation date.

You and your husband seem to be young, healthy people. That's a big thing. I'm sure it will work out. Let me know about changing it to "FAM" to see if it gives the same ovulation date and how you are. Good luck. :hugs:

Oh my god... I changed it to fam and now it pushed my O date back further, saying my LP was only 8 days now.

FF and TCOYF both were saying I O'ed on cycle day 18 but now FF is saying cycle day 20?!

Oh my god... I changed it to fam and now it pushed my O date back further, saying my LP was only 8 days now.

No! :hugs: It doesn't mean it's true, I promise! That's just one thing someone told me to do once to see if it lined it up with your fertile cm. Try the "advanced" detector to see what day it gives you.

Did you notice W cm anymore during the cycle? Do you remember if you had wine CD 13-16? That could have affected those temps. CD 17 looks like the ovulation temp.

Is af any heavier now or still light?
Do you use opks at all?

Also the cross hairs are still dotted so FF doesn't know for sure that CD 20 is the day either. I was wondering if it would switch to complete cross hairs on another day. I wonder if it now choosing CD 20 because C cm is supposed to be more fertile than S cm which is the only other one. CD 17 or CD 18 looks the most likely to me.

1timemomma, big :hugs: , I can feel how much this is stressing you out darlin' so take some deep, deep, deep breaths, from the gut with your whole body (wonderful way to get back on top).

Ok, now, this is your first month charting/temping right? Are you taking your temps at the same time every day and on the same side of your mouth? Do you temp orally or vaginally? Sometimes our bodies just do whatever the freak they want and we don't get our normal AF signs that cycle. Sometimes things seem to shift a bunch b/c we're scrutinizing every little thing.

IMO a glass of wine isn't going to do anything to mess with fertility the majority of the time. I think there would need to be some underlying health condition that would make wine a no-go for screwing with fertility. It's a nice way to relax and in moderation good stuff! Drinking does cause some women's temps to go wonky though.

I think after only your first month charting/temping it's too soon to tell what's going on. As the PP said, you and your DH sound like you're in a great place health-wise. No need to panic just yet.

Did you notice W cm anymore during the cycle? Do you remember if you had wine CD 13-16? That could have affected those temps. CD 17 looks like the ovulation temp. Is af any heavier now or still light? Do you use opks at all?[/QUOTE said:
I never saw EWCM but I did have wet cm according to the TCOYF book. Af is for sure here now, I have my normal backache/cramps. I haven't used OPKs yet... I've heard so many bad things about them I was kind of scared to add in something else that might make me crazier.

You've got a lot of peaks and valleys around O so it doesn't really seem cut and dry to me. If I had to venture a guess I would put O around CD17 or 18. I go by TCOYF rules and prefer FAM on FF also. If you choose to continue to temp I think things just may begin to flow a bit more smoothly and your charts will begin to even out.

1timemomma, big :hugs: , I can feel how much this is stressing you out darlin' so take some deep, deep, deep breaths, from the gut with your whole body (wonderful way to get back on top).

Ok, now, this is your first month charting/temping right? Are you taking your temps at the same time every day and on the same side of your mouth? Do you temp orally or vaginally? Sometimes our bodies just do whatever the freak they want and we don't get our normal AF signs that cycle. Sometimes things seem to shift a bunch b/c we're scrutinizing every little thing.

IMO a glass of wine isn't going to do anything to mess with fertility the majority of the time. I think there would need to be some underlying health condition that would make wine a no-go for screwing with fertility. It's a nice way to relax and in moderation good stuff! Drinking does cause some women's temps to go wonky though.

I think after only your first month charting/temping it's too soon to tell what's going on. As the PP said, you and your DH sound like you're in a great place health-wise. No need to panic just yet.

I temp orally with a bbt, 6am on the dot, always right side.

I think I'm going to switch to sparking water from here on out...

I've totally crossed over into panic stage...

Its possible the first part of my chart wasn't perfect with my temps as some morning I woke up at 430am, but I used a website someone showed me on here that will adjust your temps according to the time you normally take them.

But after O I was pretty due diligent about temping

Hopeful2014 said:
Did you notice W cm anymore during the cycle? Do you remember if you had wine CD 13-16? That could have affected those temps. CD 17 looks like the ovulation temp.

Is af any heavier now or still light?
Do you use opks at all?

I never saw EWCM but I did have wet cm according to the TCOYF book. Af is for sure here now, I have my normal backache/cramps. I haven't used OPKs yet... I have heard so many bad things about them I was kind of scared to add in something else that might make me crazier.
I don't use OPK's either, just didn't want to go there with all that. Some women do love them and prefer them to temping. I know they would make me nuts and I'm not about the expense right along with the ambiguity either. With temping I know for sure I O'd.

If taking out alcohol will cool your nerves do it girly! Do anything you can think of that will bring the mellow. Oh, I forgot to ask, is it possible that you're mouth-breathing? That will make temps funky too. Maybe you could take a break from the thermometer during AF and start up again after but temping vaginally to see if you get steadier temps? If you do go this route remember that your temps will be higher. Oh, and don't switch back to orally temping mid-cycle.

And don't worry about perfection ya know? Make a note that temps can be off X day for X reason. We're looking for an overall picture so a temp oddball here and there shouldn't throw things all the way into the fire.

Ride out the panic doll! You will get back to your center :hugs2: .

Don't panic yet! I know that is so hard to hear and even harder to do. Take this time to research more, talk to ladies who are going through it too, and relax as much as you can. We have a May testing group that you should join. There are lots of helpful women there. The link is in my signature.

My temps were wild during my first month temping. This month they are so much more stable. I was totally following the rules during the first month too. Sometimes things just don't go as we want. Definitely give temping another chance. It will be so helpful. Feel better hon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->