Devastated - first ivf with icsi just failed - Advice needed please

wishful think

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm looking for words of comfort and hope. I just found out that my first round of IVF with ICSI has failed. I am so broken hearted and gutted. I really hoped for 2 lines but no, we got a BFN!

I'm 29 (almost 30) and dh is 31. There is male factor infertility and also problems with me. I have 2 blocked tubes and low amh. After stimming we got 8 eggs on egg collection day and we were so happy. The next day we got the dreaded phonecall that 3 were immature, another 3 disintegrated (were really soft and just fell apart before they could be injected) and only 2 had made it(one looked ok but the other didnt). The doctor wanted me up the next morning to have a 2 day embryo transfer. When we arrived we were told one more embryo hadnt made it so we had just one to transfer.

The transfer went well but obviously it just wasnt meant to be!! I'm so devastated. Wish this was all just a horrible dream and I could wake up from it!

I would just like to know from anyone who has had a failed cycle -
how long do you have to wait to try again??

And for anyone who has had poor quality eggs - is there anything i can do to improve the quality??

I wish that I had the advice to give to you!! My husband and I are just starting the journey and it looks as though we will have to also be turning to IVF from all of the test results that we have gotten back. I just wanted to wish you the best and I hope that you will get that baby of your dreams SOON!!!!!!

Hey wishful think, I am so so sorry to hear your story and am sending you big hugs :hugs::hugs:

If you click on the link below you'll find people that are in the same boat as you. The thread has gone a bit quiet but I'm sure once you add something to it you will get replies. (if the link doesn't work, just scroll down below, its near the bottom of the first page)

https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...-failed-assisted-conceptions-2010-2011-a.html

Thinking of you,
H xx

I know the feeling of a failed cycle. My first cycle I got 24 eggs, 12 mature, and only 3 fertilized (25% fertilization). They told me we had terrible eggs and terrible sperm - devastation. I also ended up with ohss and so didn't get to have a fresh transfer in July and had to wait until September to do a FET which failed.

I then started my next fresh cycle the end of Oct/beginning of Nov. I do not know the outcome yet - but I did a couple of things differently this time. I took a vitamin supplement called TOTAL FERTILITY - a multi-vitamin specifically for ivf to improve egg quality. I also had my medications changed. This time I got 10 eggs, 6 mature, and 6 fertilized (100% fertilization). A very different cycle for me this time. I hope it brings me my long awaited bfp.

I wanted to wait 6 months before doing our next fresh cycle but dh wanted to try again right away and I am very happy now that we made that decision. Everyone is different though. Hopefully the follow up appointment with your fs can give you some answers.

Praying your dream comes true soon - don't give up hun. xo

Hiya honey

I too had a terrible first cycle. Mine was cancelled as I only got 1 follicle. Like Blue they changed my drugs and things were much better the second time round - 6 eggs, 5 fertilised and 2 near blastos put back in. (Had a BFP but sadly an early miscarriage but at least I know it can work!) Things can improve with different drugs etc. so don't lose heart. It's well known that many people need a few tries at ivf before it works.

As for egg quality - I did acupuncture and am sure it helped to some degree. I am going to ask my herbalist about herbs for next cycle - though i feel abit nervous about that. Cutting out alcohol and caffeine will also really help. Oh - and a healthy high protein diet is also recommended.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry you got a bfn. But youll feel better in time. When our first cycle failed we then had another round within afew months. It can and will happen lovey. Aslong as you have an egg and sperm it can happen.in all the 3 cycles weve had weve only had 2 fert.so thats about 2 out of the 10.im an egg sharer as well. The prob i have is pcos so my eggs tend to not mature much for icsi. Im put on metformin 3 months before treatment to help mature them. The things is with any treatment its all a matter of chance. If they stick they stick and if the dont they dont. Its not your fault in anyway for gettin a bfn. Sometimes even the worst of grade embies can become babies. Its just a matter of luck thats all.

Hey hun, sorry to hear your cycle failed, it's always hartbreaking, but it's not the end of the world! The first ivf is a trial cycle, it helps them learn about you and look at you...you wend through the whole process.. you produce eggs, they fertilise.... And the rest is a bit of science and a lot of luck! You'll get there hun! As others have said, a good multivitamin, lots of protein and water during stimms and the other thing i've read is ..antioxidants.... Worth a try! Hope you start feeling better soon.
Booking a follow up appointment usually helps...

So sorry to hear about this.
Not reallyu got any great pearls of wisdom as I'm just startin on my icsi journey
I hope it all works out for u. Like somebody else said it can b a long process which may take a few goes but don't give up hope.
X

HUGS! My 1st and 2nd full ICSI cycle failed. It was absolutely devastating for me so I won't ask you to do anything you feel you can't do because I known how hard it is. I just couldn't see mothers with babies in the shopping mall or anywhere for a couple of weeks. It could just start me crying. What you need now is to just let out all your tears. Talk to your support circle of family and friends. It takes time. Took more than a month for me and with the hope of the next cycle got me through.

Don't give up dear. It'll hurt so much now but get yourself in the best position because you can try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->