Dexter James Dickinson 01-10-09 <3

xTaylorsMummy

Pregnant with Number 2 =]
Reaction score
My birth story.. Bit late sorry =]

Went into hospital at 8am on 28th September to be induced at 39+2 due to having a big baby :baby: .
Was supposed to be booked in on delivery suite because im "high risk" but they had no beds so i was booked into Ward 23 which is where they start labours off/assesment unit.
I was put on CTG at 10ish and given an internal to put the gel in. I was already 2cm so the midwife said she wasnt going to bother with the gel and put me on the list to have my waters broken in labour ward.. But there very busy and could be in the afternoon sometime :dohh: Okay so we decided to go for a walk and just relax.. 8pm came and OH and best mate got sent home :cry:. Still no beds in labour ward, so had to wait till tuesday they said :thumbup:. OH and friend came up at 8am ended up waiting all day tuesday.. Still nothing! They got sent home..

On wednesday there was hardly anyone on the ward i was on, just me and anougher women waiting to have her waters broken. We had this lovely midwife who said shes fed up with leaving us to wait and is going to give me the gel :happydance: was soo excited but so scared!

At 9am i had the first gel put in, and had to stay on the bed for an hour. Got a new niggles but nothing major. They then sent my friend to wait in the cafe as aparntly she wasnt allowed there, even though she had been there since monday! Decided to have a walk around and at 12ish we went down to see friend.
Having contractions every 6mins and lots of pressure pains down bellow! also very stingy down there, no one tells you the gel burns! :nope:

We was stood downstairs and i had a werid feeling so rushed back to ward at 2ish. At 3pm i was checked and given anougher gel still only 2-3cm! as soon as the gel was put in it started thick and fast!

got in the bath 2ce and at 6pm was checked i was 4cm. Taken down to labour ward at 7.

Managed on nothing till i was 6cm at 12ish, and wasnt moving along so midwife broke my waters... MY GOD THE PAIN!!!! was so intense and came so quickly i was begging for an epidural but nope they wouldnt let me! had a shot of pethadine and gas and air, once the pethadine started working it was brill! i was having gas and air between contractions and it worked great. Pushed for hours!! and struggled like anything :cry:

Dexter James Dickinson was born at 2.13am on the 1st october 2009
weighing 9lb5oz!!:cloud9:

I had a 2nd degree tear but didnt want it stitched.

Attachments

• P1030215.jpg
    P1030215.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 98
Aw congratulations hun, what a buster!! :) He's got a lovely head of hair

Pictures <3 :cloud9::cloud9:

Attachments

• P1030248.jpg
    P1030248.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030250.jpg
    P1030250.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
  • P1030251.jpg
    P1030251.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P1030262.jpg
    P1030262.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
It still amazase me how they just left you waiting all that time but I am sure he is well worth it! So many cute pikkies, your making me jealous!! x

It still amazase me how they just left you waiting all that time but I am sure he is well worth it! So many cute pikkies, your making me jealous!! x

yeah i know lol.. hes well worth it though! =] cost us nearly 50 pound in parking :nope:

OH He is gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful little man. Still love his name and he even looks like a Dexter.

Congratulations!! He's adorable x

Sorry they left you so long, but congratulations! He is gorgeous.

Well done hun, lots of waiting for you but must be so nice to have him now :hugs:

hes been weighed today.. 11days old and weighs 9lb11nhalf oz lil fatso <3

aw bless he is such a cutie! Definitely suits his name! Congrats hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"