DH has a gender preference *UPDATE*

cskme_

Reaction score
I had posted a few weeks back about how DH has a gender preference (he really wanted a boy). I was so scared for my gender scan, that he was going to be really disappointed if we were having a girl.
So I had a private gender scan yesterday and it turns out we're having a GIRL :) He was so interested in the scan, asked a lot of questions and was so excited for pictures. (We went for 3D scan). He was so happy because she looks a lot like him, (full lips, round face). When we left he was saying that now he knows its a girl he feels different, he said he's not disappointed and he is happy we're having a girl. :kiss:

Congrats hun! I know daddies are so weak when it's their little girl! :) they can't just say no to those tiny pink faces!

That's great to hear!
My OH wants a girl and i have a feeling it'll be a boy so i'm sometimes worried he'll be disappointed if it really is a boy! Having my next scan in 3 1/2 weeks so we'll know by then

That is fantastic! I can relate with him in a way, before we had our gender scan I was hoping for a girl but obviously would be over the moon either way, just was hoping for a girl for a few specific reasons. I was worried i would feel disappointed if i found out it was a boy. Well we went to the gender scan and found out he is a boy! I cried at the scan (happy tears :p) i am just so so so happy and excited. Once you see your baby and feel that connection, it doesnt even matter anymore. :') maybe different for some but it seems thats how it worked for your husband and I

That's great to hear!
My OH wants a girl and i have a feeling it'll be a boy so i'm sometimes worried he'll be disappointed if it really is a boy! Having my next scan in 3 1/2 weeks so we'll know by then

I know deep down he still would have loved to have a boy but he is coming up with reasons why having a girl will be fun too. He just keeps saying "boys are so easy, he could have been my best friend, but now everything changes with her being a girl I'm going to have to be serious and be a good father to her." He's nervous but he is still very happy. I told him I know she'll be a daddies girl, he already spoils our dog I can't even imagine how he will be with her

That is fantastic! I can relate with him in a way, before we had our gender scan I was hoping for a girl but obviously would be over the moon either way, just was hoping for a girl for a few specific reasons. I was worried i would feel disappointed if i found out it was a boy. Well we went to the gender scan and found out he is a boy! I cried at the scan (happy tears :p) i am just so so so happy and excited. Once you see your baby and feel that connection, it doesnt even matter anymore. :') maybe different for some but it seems thats how it worked for your husband and I

That was exactly it! He was more interested in the fact that you could see her rubbing her eyes and sucking on her hands he didn't even seem to care anymore what the gender was. He was just fascinated that she had his lips and face shape and my nose! She still has so much growing to do but we are going back at 27 weeks so he can see how much has changed over a couple months. I'm honestly excited either way. I'm happy that I get my little girl to do girly things with and she can go cuddle her daddy at the end of the day :)

that's great news congrats on team pink ... my DH also wanted a boy and was also so happy and still is that we're having another girl

Awe great news, men are softies really when they see that little baby's face. :)

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to read this. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->