DH is calling me FAT!!!

twiggy327

Reaction score
Ive gotten the "wow youre getting big" from family and strangers but my DH has taken to being the one to pick on me lately about my size and weight gain. After I had my first child I went back to a size 2, super slim, always monitoring what I ate and exercised regularly. Now that Im 29 weeks with baby #2 Ive completely gone bat crap crazy with food. Ive already gained 40 lbs altho Im not exercising in the gym i am walking and gardening and playing with my daughter outside. im just using this as an excuse to satisfy my inner fat kid and eat that whole pizza or banana split and im loving it!! DH has chosen the terms of endearment: Chubby, fatty, and has even done beep beep beep of a truck when i back up!! I know hes just kidding but i have gotten pretty depressed at times looking at my fat thighs or jiggly arms. I told him a few times to cut it out and its not funny but he kept doing it. I blew up on him when i got out of the shower a few days ago and wouldnt speak to him all evening. He eventually apologized and now to be cute hes been calling me skinny!! Its the same thing jack***!!! Anyone being picked on?? I feel like he has no idea whats it like to be fat and uncomfortable and unable to sleep:cry:

Last night DH told me I was getting too skinny. My belly is far from skinny now. I've gotten huge in the past two weeks.

I'm not getting picked on quite like you, but DF is definitely saying subtle things towards being a fatty, and huge...I can't get off our bed without his help...I am not fat, I am carrying a freaking baby inside of me

I've put on 40lbs since getting pregnant. OH sometimes will take jabs at me about my size and how much weight I have gained but I think he finally realized how much it hurts me when the other night I broke out crying just because I couldn't roll over.

My husband wouldn't dare!

He does tell me he doesn't like me during pregnancy though. Because I'm moody and miserable.

When I whinge about being fat he just says 'you're beautiful and growing my son'

Which is nice! But I know he just wants to agree! Haha

my OH calls me fatty, and chunk etc in public and at home.. he has done since the start before I was really showing much, just jokingly.. but now im getting really quite big it hurts my feelings. he knows im upset about my weight gain, I know he doesn't mean to hurt my feelings but he thinks im being OTT if I go on at him to stop calling me names..
sometimes when he says it in public friends look so shocked, I just laugh it off because I know he is doing it jokingly, but I don't think he understands how shitty im feeling! x

OH calls me fatty but I got my own back the other day when I pointed out he had put on some pregnancy weight and had started to grow moobs! Shut him up quickly!

Dh made fun of me cuz I couldn't fit in the booth well I could but my bump was hitting it. We also have a truck that's raised and it doesn't have steps so its easier if he helps me. He laughs about it

But honestly he loves my big belly I keep telling hi
I feel like a whale ( I have poly n at 35 weeks I was measuring 40!!!) He always grabs my belly n tells me I'm growing him a big healthy boy.

He does tell me I'm a turtle on its back tho lol n if my dh was doing that id smack him!

Even though I'm "all belly" and have only gained 11lbs so far, my DH calls me fatty, fat a**, etc., but I don't take him personally, because even before getting pregnant, that was how we picked on each other.. And we are both normally fit people. Now, when he calls me that, I just say, "well check this out, I'm pregnant and U still weigh more than me!!" Then I laugh at him. Or I make fun of his new sympathy pudge" when he isn't holding his abs tight! Lmao...

I'm sorry that you feel bad, though. Just remember, you're growing a baby! Its worth this TEMPORARY weight gain, and it will all fall off when your LO comes out! :hugs:

I'm a little shocked by all of these husbands and fathers.

As if we don't go through enough, they should be kissing your a**es not saying anything close to any of that stuff.

My husband wouldn't even hint at something like that. I call myself huge or other things and he says "you're supposed to be getting bigger your carrying a baby!"

Even if they are kidding its not very nice. I think if they were to feel how it feels to be pregnant for one day they would never say another word.

I would say something snappy back.

Your husband should love, cherish, and compliment you regardless. What if you really did gain weight (not being pregnant) and had a hard time losing or controlling it? That's not okay.

Oh hell no! If oh called me fat hed get a slap in his face...for real lol... guys are just stupid an insensitive sometimes...grrr:) cheer up im sure you look fine hun:)

At our 20 week scan my OH expressed surprised and told the sonographer he thought our son would be the shape of a giant digestive biscuit considering how many of them I had been putting away.

Also - shouting "TSUNAMI!" when I get into the bath is not considered nurturing, respectful or even funny. Along with the 'Wicked Witch of the North" (aka his Mum - who's usually quite nice) they've been sniggering about my weight for a while.

I don't care. I've actually never cared about my weight and my size (pre preggy) depends on how busy I am at work. I tend to fluctuate between a 10 and 12 mostly and I'm 5'4''.

... have a comeback. OH was taking the mickey when we in our local butchers and I just turned around to him and said "... It's not yours."

... It shut him up for a couple minutes :D

I really don't care when my family make a comment. It's said in jest and it's a joke!!!

I'm growing a baby anything other than getting fat wouldn't be good for my little girl!

I laugh along, can take a joke.

My DH is the opposite. "You better not starve my baby," "Are you trying to lose weight?" "Don't deny it. We're meant to have a huge kid." I have gained about 7 lbs at almost 16 weeks, which is ok. I started out at a size 20, though, so I've been trying desperately not to overdue it. I'm still at the "is she gaining weight?" stage, so we're both looking forward to the baby belly. I swear he is trying to force feed me, though. If it were up to him, I'd be really huge.

I am sorry you guys have some jerky husbands :( I think mine is so attentive because this is HIS first and he will be 37 when it's born.

I'm a little shocked by all of these husbands and fathers.

As if we don't go through enough, they should be kissing your a**es not saying anything close to any of that stuff.

My husband wouldn't even hint at something like that. I call myself huge or other things and he says "you're supposed to be getting bigger your carrying a baby!"

Even if they are kidding its not very nice. I think if they were to feel how it feels to be pregnant for one day they would never say another word.

I would say something snappy back.

Your husband should love, cherish, and compliment you regardless. What if you really did gain weight (not being pregnant) and had a hard time losing or controlling it? That's not okay.

Exactly what I would have said.

I think that's horrible :( its really not funny so I don't see it as a joke. I'm sure they would hate it if we saidit to them. My husband would never say something so hurtful to me as I'm growing his daughter!! Xx

I dont even know how much I have gained but i know its a fair amount when you get comments like, you can see it in your face! what!? my oh wouldnt call me fat though purely because he knows how sensitive I am. I have always been pretty petite and slim so being so much bigger.....everywhere is a little strange for me. he does tell me i am huge though but says its all belly (which we both know is a lie!)

My husband wouldn't dare!

He does tell me he doesn't like me during pregnancy though. Because I'm moody and miserable.

When I whinge about being fat he just says 'you're beautiful and growing my son'

Which is nice! But I know he just wants to agree! Haha

Mine is the same! When I mention (rarely) that I feel huge and fat, he tells me he thinks I'm sexy and beautiful and he loves the hippy curves. He (and my oldest daughter) is honest about how much he doesn't like pregnant me, and I can't say as I blame them, because I really am a rotten bi#*h.:shrug:

And for the record, I'm with the PPs who are mortified with 'fat' comments coming from OHs. Not cool. Pregnancy is hard enough on a woman's self confidence and body image. If we can't expect those closest to us to support and nurture ourselves while we carry their babies, then who can we expect to support us? Even in jest, not cool. A thorough tongue lashing and a swift kick to the nads would be in order.

I've been getting this from my husband.

Whenever I complain about how fat I am, he's "nice" and just says that I'm pregnant.

Although that doesn't explain the fact that he's called me wide, twice. Comments on my eating habits all the time (I especially hate when he does this just as I'm about to eat).

Then he tells me how he's going to whip me into shape after baby's born & that I'll lose the weight in no time.

And he knows that I struggled with an eating disorder for over 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->