DH is calling me FAT!!!

I can't believe any of your OH's are making comments about your weight!! What do they expect & how insensitive. I hope you are all telling them that what they are saying is hurtful and rude & not letting them get away with it.

That's rude and insensitive and I wouldn't tolerate it. As a PP mentioned, what if you actually gained weight unrelated to pregnancy? What if you developed a medical issue and the weight gain was an unavoidable issue? Mocking someone, even in jest, is never okay. I can take a joke and I'm an easy going person but I don't find that calling someone names to be humorous in the least.

Tell him to knock it off or knock him on the head!

So having started out very overweight, I've actually ended up losing weight with my pregnancy, and have only gained about 3kg back of the 6 I lost in 1st tri (lost about 13lbs gained about 6.5 back), but my hubby still jokes with me about being fat. It's not something new, and he really doesn't mean anything by it.

He did it at his parents house the other week and his sister (who gave birth a couple of weeks ago) practically lost it with him and started yelling at him about it. It felt good ;)

That said, I heard the best retort ever to being told you're fat during pregnancy a few months ago, and I've had the occasion to use it once or twice.
Just look at them as if they're nuts, and say "I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?"

Might not work so much with hubbies, but it works great on strangers/family members/friends who are being douchebags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->