dh just agreed to give cloth a try!!!! & some q's

celine

Reaction score
:happydance: sorry this is half pointless but Ive been stalking for a while and have great & wise cloth friends littlestar & Sara & Monkeh & Lu :)
Mentioned to dh last night and went with a 'cost-saving' point of view as he is this kind of guy and even when he saw I was looking at a starter kit of 200 pounds (cost - dont have that sign lol) he was all like 'well we would make that back in x amount of months' YEAY!
So Im busy seeing if Holland has any fluffaholics or seeing which start kits to buy :)
out of curiosity - which clothes are the most man-friendly (I showed him a nappy pic and convinced dh 'its as easy as pampers'

and flushable liners - do or dont or how? Im a poo-a-phobe so any tips?

All in one nappies are the best for guys :) Or even just pocket nappies that you've made up already...well done for converting him :haha:

Hi Celine
To be honest before you take the plunge and fork out for a huge starter kit why not borrow a few from us to see what you like - for postage costs i'd gladly lend you a couple of flips (could lend two covers and 4 inserts), a couple of ebay cheapies and bg organics (2) and fleece liners.

at least then you will be investing in nappies that you know you like rather than going in full steam ahead and might regret your choice by buying something that doesn't suit you or gabs.

well done for convincing him to try cloth, my future hubby is sooooooo excited about using cloth that he has even asked me to show him how to make one on the sewing machine hehe

:happydance: Yay, glad you convinced him!! :happydance:

I think the easiest man proof nappies would be either all in ones which are basically exactly like a disposable. Only thing with them is they take longer to dry as you can't separate out all the parts if you know what I mean.

Second easiest I guess would be pocket nappies which have a pocket where you stuff the inserts. This requires a bit more work but I'm guessing you're going to be doing the washing etc anyway (like the rest of us!) so you'd just need to make them up in advance and then he could use them like an all in one.

We started with BumGenius Flips which have a cover and insert that just sits in it and this is the first nappy my DH ever used and he was absolutely fine with it. Maybe a bit more work but they're much more economical than all in ones. Say you'd need 16 nappies to last you 2 days and then a wash, that would be 16 all in ones or 6ish Flip covers and 16 inserts so it works out cheaper.

I thought I'd use disposable liners all the way but I found they ended up bunching up inside the nappy and they didn't look comfortable. I still use them when we're out and about though as they're easier to just throw down the loo. I use fleece liners now and usually the poo just falls off them into the toilet and anything left I just blast off with the shower head.

Ask as many questions as you want, I pestered these poor ladies for days before buying!

Yep, I think giving a few different types a go before committing to a bulk pack is the way to go. We have a nappy library on here, where we lend out nappies for others to try, or you could go ahead and buy a few individual nappies (either new or preloved) to try.

Liners - I use fleece liners in EVERYTHING. If you're a poo-phobe though I'd go with flushable, cause with fleece you still have to deal with the poop and with flushable you just lift it out and flush. Minimal poop contact :lol:

Yeah, definitely borrow from us if you want to try them out :D

just a thought UK sellers can't ship Bumgenuis to the continent (don't know how well prices convert there to buy in Euro) but with real nappy week here if you do buy send it to us and we can forward on as 20% saving can be quiet substantial.

Awww you ladies are amazing..i have just found someone in Holland that i know who tried cloth but it didnt work for her and Im asking to borrow hers a bit, it is the bambino mio newborn til 9kg

Definitely give some others a go if you dont get on with bambino mio, there's so many types out there :D

Where abouts are you hun - Im in Essen, Belgium for the week (hubby working out here) but could meet you and lend you a flip to try out - you can post it back when your done.

Also I think here is another lady on here who is in Belgium she might be able to help out with sellers etc.

Well done with convincing him - welcome to the wonderful world of cloth!

Yep, it's fun to try loads cos there's always something better out there, oh wait, ignore that. It's thinking like that that makes you a fluffaholic with no money!

I've never heard very good things about Mios so if you don't get on with them, don't think that all cloth is the same :)

I blast them off with the shower head down the toilet :sick:

My main prob Lu is our toilets are sepaarte to the bathroom iykwim?

you can use rubber gloves (you mentioned you were a poohaphobic) get the lumps off and do a rinse in the washer before the proper wash.

When the poo is really runny, I tend not to do anything to them, just shove them in the poo bucket (I have a separate one for wee). If there are lots of pooey nappies, I sometimes put them in the washer on their own and do a rinse before putting the rest in, but otherwise I just shove them all in together. When we started weaning, Leyla's poos went more solid so I don't ever really rinse stuff in the sink/shower anymore, I just shake it out over the loo. If something is stuck :sick: I sometimes use a bit of loo roll to wipe it off!

When the poo is really runny, I tend not to do anything to them, just shove them in the poo bucket (I have a separate one for wee). If there are lots of pooey nappies, I sometimes put them in the washer on their own and do a rinse before putting the rest in, but otherwise I just shove them all in together. When we started weaning, Leyla's poos went more solid so I don't ever really rinse stuff in the sink/shower anymore, I just shake it out over the loo. If something is stuck :sick: I sometimes use a bit of loo roll to wipe it off!

good point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"