DH Rant

A

amjon

Yesterday I picked up a pack of newborn diapers for less than $1 and wipes for free. Today I picked up 3 packs of diapers and a big wipe refill for $9 after all the discounts/ rebate. DH complained that I keep buying diapers and we already have some. (We have 2 packs of newborn, about 3 packs of size 1 and one big box of size 1, and now 3 packs of size 3 with 2 babies on the way, so it's not like we really have a huge supply.) I tried to explain to him that we'll need lots of diapers once they arrive and it's better to get them when I can get them really cheap/ sometimes free than to wait and have to pay the full $10 per pack. Does anyone else have a DH that just doesn't get it? (And it's not like we are really hurting financially anyway.)

Mine was kinda like that when i first started stocking up on Diapers. He was like "you're going to buy so many we're going to have to give them away" I was like "do you not realize how many we're going to go thru in a day?! Might as well start stocking up now!"
Where did you get a pack of diapers for less than $1?!?!?

Where are you getting them so cheap??? I would stock up on size one and two, i didn't need size 3 until baby was 9 months or so. If DH doesn't understand...it's ok he will get it soon enough

Mine was kinda like that when i first started stocking up on Diapers. He was like "you're going to buy so many we're going to have to give them away" I was like "do you not realize how many we're going to go thru in a day?! Might as well start stocking up now!"

Publix had Huggies on sale for $9.89 with a $3 Publix coupon on top of it, then I had $3 off any diapers from Winn Dixie and $3 off manufacture coupon, so ended up being less than $1. :)

Publix had Huggies on sale for $9.89 with a $3 Publix coupon on top of it, then I had $3 off any diapers from Winn Dixie and $3 off manufacture coupon, so ended up being less than $1. :)
Nicely done!! I was proud of myself when i got a pack of diapers yesterday for $7 and some change lol

Where are you getting them so cheap??? I would stock up on size one and two, i didn't need size 3 until baby was 9 months or so. If DH doesn't understand...it's ok he will get it soon enough

I would have preferred getting the newborn or size one, but I had 2 $2 off coupons that were only good on the ones in size 3 and up and I had to buy 3 packs anyway for the deal, so just went with them. I'm combining store sales with store coupons and manufacture coupons/ rebates. CVS has Huggies on sale with $10 in ECB when you buy $30+ and with the $10/ $35 manufacture rebate + coupons it ends up being less than $9 for the whole lot (https://www.kcbrokerrebate.com/April-June2013/default.aspx).

My OH was kind of that way with a lot of things when I started wanting to stock up and get baby clothing/items when they were going on clearance at different stores. He thought we could blow pretty much everything off and didn't need to buy until after they were born. Which in a sense is true if we wanted to be frugal, but it would make things tougher. Now that time's getting closer, he's rushing ME to get everything! lol

He'll figure it out soon enough lol

My DH kept telling me to stop buying nappies Someone else will buy them...... Erm like who? The nappy fairy? I think men really don't get it xxx

Yep, DH kind of frowned when he saw how many diapers I was ordering. I'm doing cloth though and I was just getting started and he thought it was too much! 12 cloth diapers are only good for one day honey! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->