DH scared to be at delivery

ProudMary83

Reaction score
DH wishes it was like the 'olden days' when the daddy just waited in the waiting room with everyone else. I know it sounds terrible, but he is really worried about being there seeing me in pain, and not able to do anything. It doesn't help that he is very 'figity' and paces like crazy.
How did your DH react? Has anyone on here had their husband wait outside, and have someone else help you through delivery??

the biggest question is would he regret it after if he didnt get to see his baby born? I had my mum and OH in the room, my mum supported me and my OH sat in the chair falling asleep... Until it came to actually delivering the baby then he watched and hes glad he did x i dont think this is the correct place to post this but never mind lol, maybe baby club would have been better x

my sister and OH were there, its really not that bad, he should stop being such a baby!
nothing happens until the actual birth (well providing you have pain relief or a good threshold!)

but i didnt actually need him there, like he tried to help but i pushed him away!

My Oh was there with all 3 of mine however i was my sisters birthing partner while her oh waited in waiting room. He doesnt regret it as he saw them both straight after and he couldnt stand to see her in pain at the begining and she didnt mind him not being there. She is expecting again and he said he is going this time however i am on stand by as she thinks he will chicken out!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->