DH wishes I was pregnant!

alibc

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently made a thread about my recent pregnancy scare. My DH and I are currently WTT and have a TTC date of October 2016. We have quite a few things we'd like to accomplish before trying. We recently moved in with my parents to save up for a home. So, first on our to-do list is buy a home. My DH also would like to get a better job and I'd possibly like to get a new job, as well.

Anyways, back to the pregnancy scare. My last cycle lasted 39 days, which is highly unusual for me. I began to think we may be pregnant. I was having A LOT of symptoms. Examples - Hungry all the time, spotting, mild cramping, fatigue, and peeing more often. So, I asked my DH to grab a pregnancy test while at the grocery yesterday. He seemed really chill about it. He usually is when we have a pregnancy scare. He always seems to be the one that believes I'm not pregnant and probably thinks I'm freaking out a bit too much. He normally calms me down and says it'll be okay whatever the outcome is. Well, he did the same thing this time, so I just assumed he believed I wasn't pregnant and we were going to simply take the test to put my mind at ease. Well, I was wrong.

After I peed on the stick, my DH asked me how long we had to wait to check. I said 3 minutes. I was super nervous about checking it, so we waited more like 5 minutes while I occupied myself with things like letting the dogs out and fixing dinner. As this was happening, my DH kept asking if we could check it yet. Almost as if he were excited about it. Finally I told him to check it first. So, he grabbed it with a smile on his face and that smile went from an excited smile to a disappointed smile. Do you know the difference? It was almost like he was forcing himself to continue to smile for my sake. He showed me the test and it said "Not Pregnant." I definitely let a sight of relief. Just because I feel we aren't in the right position yet. But he was so disappointed. I could feel it in his attitude. I was honestly shocked by his reaction.

Later that evening I asked him more about how he was feeling. More specifically, I asked him what he was thinking when I asked him to pick up a test. He said he was mostly excited and 90% of him was wishing I was pregnant. I asked him why 10% was wishing I wasn't and he said because we live with your parents. Fair enough. But I felt bad. I really had no idea he was THAT ready to be a father. He told me while he was on his way to the store to get a test, he kept thinking about the relationship he had with his dad. Which is a terrible one. His dad is a horrible person. And he thought about how different he would be and how he couldn't wait to show his child what a good father is like. I was beginning to feel disappointed and sad for him. I asked him what we would be doing right now if that test was positive. He said he would was wanting to fix me a nice dinner to celebrate and that he was going to suggest we tell our parents on Mother's Day. I thought that was sweet... and was surprised that he had already thought of all this. Clearly, he was excited and wishing I was pregnant.

Anyways, it's kind of made me second guess our TTC date. I always thought I was the one more ready than him, but I think it's the opposite. I'm thinking maybe we should TTC as soon as we have our own place. I'm not sure. I was just totally not expecting for my DH to feel this way about this pregnancy scare and it has me a bit confused as to what we want to do.

Anyone else ever go through anything like this? Have you ever had a pregnancy scare and you OR your s/o was extremely disappointed? Have you ever moved up your TTC date?

As always, thanks for listening.

Awww that's super adorable!! I feel where he is coming from in regards to his dad. I had an awful mother that did drugs and slit her wrists in front of me when I was 6, thank goodness my dad is the best dad ever, and he whisked me away from her and cut all contact with her until I was 18. So I feel the same as him, I want to be a mother and be an amazing loving mother, I want to be the mother I never had to my children. So that does make me anxious to TTC but I don't want to be a pregnant bride so I patiently wait haha

Awww that's super adorable!! I feel where he is coming from in regards to his dad. I had an awful mother that did drugs and slit her wrists in front of me when I was 6, thank goodness my dad is the best dad ever, and he whisked me away from her and cut all contact with her until I was 18. So I feel the same as him, I want to be a mother and be an amazing loving mother, I want to be the mother I never had to my children. So that does make me anxious to TTC but I don't want to be a pregnant bride so I patiently wait haha

That's so funny you mention being a pregnant bride. My last pregnancy scare occurred just a few months before my wedding and I had the same thought!

I totally get why he feels this way. I just had no idea he felt SO strongly about it and was SO ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->